Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Update coming as soon as I get time.

IMG_E4287.JPG

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Throwing paint on will be the easy bit, especially with an already stripped shell. Get some good protection and sealant on as well while in there, inside and out, to keep her good for decades. Make sure you don't have to worry about a bit of weather or whatever and can enjoy it properly when it's all done.

Bet you can't wait :cool:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Must be getting very close to prepping for primer/paint stage? Once the metal works done the next step will be a lot quicker thankfully.
Not really, still got some metal work to finish on the front, some modifications to make, some stitch welding to do. But that won't be started for many months now.

Throwing paint on will be the easy bit, especially with an already stripped shell. Get some good protection and sealant on as well while in there, inside and out, to keep her good for decades. Make sure you don't have to worry about a bit of weather or whatever and can enjoy it properly when it's all done.

Bet you can't wait :cool:
Still a lot of work in the bodywork stages if its done to a very high standard, but a lot easier than the metalwork stage. It will be protected everywhere with the best products available.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Just need to set it up for electric conversion now so you are even more future proofed :joy:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Best build thread on here by far.. The amount of fabrication that has gone into this is on an other level as said many times before this will be better than new when finished.
Thanks. It will definitely be better than new, stiffer, better paint finish,

There are a few epic builds on here though with some serious fabrication, Ged's truck, IL's TR7, There a great skyline build but I cannot remember whos, its not been updated in a while, and your build isn't exactly short on fab work and extremeness.

I know this is costing you a fortune, but you will end up with one of the best examples on the planet!
Might be worth the cost then. The costs don't make sense, but by the time I found that out I was already too committed to change it.

Just need to set it up for electric conversion now so you are even more future proofed :joy:
Over my dead body.

-tjMbXVY.jpeg

jsRunXb1.jpeg

Q3sT5Pyc.jpeg

SmWKNyiU.jpeg

Arches set to give me as much room for wheel as possible.

c31O7_pd.jpeg

nxQZ5xs0.jpeg

Ca4h9Gu1.jpeg

xBRB6922.jpeg

Next time its in the shop later in the year its going to need the rear slam panel sorted, some repairs to the front end, several modifications to the bay and chassis for improvements and strength, the scuttle panel put back in place, some stitch welding and some lead work and then it will be onto bodywork and paint stage.

Last edited:

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Any updates on this? I would really love one of these (or this) if it was ever to come up for sale 🤔🤓❤️
Car was back in the shop last week, so there should be some updates soon. Will be finishing repairs on the front end, and rear slam panel, then all that should be left will be some chassis modifications/upgrades I want carried out.

Sorry, can't see this ever being for sale. :grinning:

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Car was back in the shop last week, so there should be some updates soon. Will be finishing repairs on the front end, and rear slam panel, then all that should be left will be some chassis modifications/upgrades I want carried out.

Sorry, can't see this ever being for sale. :grinning:

I’ve gone through notions of wanting one of these over the last number of years. I’ll get one at some stage - has to be RB26 though. Love it. Good luck with the next stage of work.😎 Can’t wait to see the progress.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
They are pretty great with an L series with RB2 they become net level.

Once this is on the road again I'd be happy to take you a run in it, if you take me a run in your Westfield once its running again.

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
They are pretty great with an L series with RB2 they become net level.

Once this is on the road again I'd be happy to take you a run in it, if you take me a run in your Westfield once its running again.

How dare you??!!! My westfield….not running?? Don’t know what you’re talking about! Haha

Yeah of course dude - happy to take you a run in either of the Westfields…..red one is turbo’d and the white one is fireblade engine’d. Both are currently fully assembled and ‘working’ lol.

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
fdOVfiwo.jpeg

H6hqKuyu.jpeg

tmAmJsHp.jpeg

lRtMmrr4.jpeg

Nffc0DAY.jpeg

RDksABAV.jpeg

4bvdsqlF.jpeg

au6iUT0s.jpeg

Faq75v9m.jpeg

2pmrX4B9.jpeg

So, I noticed the rust during the repair job on the front of the frame. So since I clearly must enjoy giving myself a lot of extra cost I asked Dave to open it up for inspection.

0m1AH7jC.jpeg

VxQn5jhM.jpeg

40LUx8nM.jpeg

Added strengthening panel for the brace that will be added.

kJpmDHMQ.jpeg

EF Ian

RMS Regular
OP
EF Ian
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Which led to this:

I'm pretty over this now. But I didn't see any point in leaving rust here when we got rid of it in every other box section, Didn't want to have rust issues here in 5 or 10 years time as I still plan to be owning the car then.

Photo_14-11-2022_12_05_52.jpg

Photo_14-11-2022_12_05_45.jpg

Photo_14-11-2022_14_09_24.jpg

Photo_14-11-2022_16_28_03.jpg

Photo_15-11-2022_08_47_12.jpg

Photo_14-11-2022_14_48_53.jpg

Photo_15-11-2022_14_00_46.jpg

Photo_15-11-2022_14_41_49.jpg

Photo_15-11-2022_15_33_41.jpg

Photo_15-11-2022_13_59_51.jpg

Photo_14-11-2022_16_28_00.jpg

Photo_14-11-2022_14_30_41.jpg