My Toledo...some changes made...(tiny little update 17-02)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Looks great Dale! Kudos, makes a very big change from all of the other stupid looking whistling ones that kick about everywhere! :p

Health to drive man!

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Luvvly jubbly indeed....

Needs a nice simple small swooping spoiler tho....

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Looks really well man. Think the new bits highlight your need for a set of wheels to set the car off tho. And get the tyre slick out too :p

miniator

RMS Regular
OP
miniator
Drives
'72 Mini
:p dont have any tyre slick in belfast!

cheers guys for the wee tips, hadnt thought of a M5 style spoiler but i also still like the simple smooth look of the boot atm...we shall see.

and yeah those are the cupra wheels in 17", looking for something more euro in the summer when theres more money...would prefer to get the smoothin done before the wheels however

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Looks even better in the flesh as i was behind you driving down a few back streets yesterday afternoon, whilst i was looking decidely lost!!

Definatly health to drive man!!

miniator

RMS Regular
OP
miniator
Drives
'72 Mini
Looks even better in the flesh as i was behind you driving down a few back streets yesterday afternoon, whilst i was looking decidely lost!!

Definatly health to drive man!!

really? where was this mate and im sorry i cant remember your name! head like a sieve!
wasnt off the lisburn road....ulsterville avenue area by any chance?

tdcizetec

Seen this in town about a week ago. Very, very nice. I even stopped to look at it. Thats how a Toledo should be done (y)

MrDave

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E39
B*****d im gonna have to do something different now :p get the smooth primered bumpstrips from Seat and dont mess around with spraying the ones on it,its not worth it. Dont put a spoiler on her either looks far less tacky without.

miniator

RMS Regular
OP
miniator
Drives
'72 Mini
No tyre slick in Cookstown Dale?! :p

dont you be smart ian....back to your pipe and slippers :p;)
of course i have tyre slick in cookstown, just not in belfast where the pics were taken.:p:p

:cool: cheers guys for all your comments, trying to go with something different and ive lots more plans for her.
oo and sorry MrDave (those are the side skirts we previously dicussed btw)

@tdciztec - where abouts was this, just curious?

miniator

RMS Regular
OP
miniator
Drives
'72 Mini
getting the car ready for the MOT and after some people mentioned that the front splitter didnt look right, i think ive solved the problem.

i wasnt sure about it myself, and i think that was mostly because it didnt sit straight with the bumper....it sort of hung down lower in the middle.

so i tackled it with the coping saw and this is the result, i think it looks much better now...opinions!?

Old
DSC00420.jpg

New
DSC00439.jpg

its a very very subtle difference in those photos, much more noticeable in real life

Daisy

RMS Regular
thats what i was about to say mate, must look a bit differenet in real life... but car looking really well...

miniator

RMS Regular
OP
miniator
Drives
'72 Mini
lol cheers brendy...it was actually that pic of yours that made me change it in the end!

o i, before i forget. wheres your front towing eye at!!?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
dont you be smart ian....back to your pipe and slippers :p;)
of course i have tyre slick in cookstown, just not in belfast where the pics were taken.:p:p

Just read the whole thread, didnt realise the tyre slick gag had already been used :worried:.

I must say when you first put those wheels on your car i loved them, really different + suiting. But now with the kit they're crying out to be replaced with somethign bigger! To be honest id probably do them before smoothing, but its your car. Any inparticular styles in mind?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.