My V70r

AndyMc

RMS Regular
Drives
C350
Well seeing as I have now bought my first car that I wanted, as opposed to buying within my budget, I thought I should stick up a few pictures to show it off.
Picked up the car in Kilmarnock and snapped these on the way home.

The wheels were in a sorry state of repair so had them refurbed in a dark grey by Michael at Polished alloys last week, need to get a picture of them.

Fitted a K&N filter and some polybushes last week too.

Next job is to get the rear windows tinted, then ipod/bluetooth kit, leather seat repair/refurb and a paint correction along with a few more polybushes as time and money allows.

Private plate is going back to the previous owner so hoping to get a Northern plate on in the next few weeks.

Cheers for looking.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Nice car, was a brave man who picked that interior when new!!

Your brother S70 TDi came from Kilmarnock when I got it, hope you've more luck with this than I had with the S70 when I brought it home!

I'm taking the 740 along to Antrim Car & Bike show on 1st Sept, you should bring that too :grinning:

AndyMc

RMS Regular
OP
AndyMc
Drives
C350
The interior definitely gets mixed reviews, I think it's class. The photos don't really do it justice.
I'm away the last weekend of August at Electric Picnic so won't make it to the show but would be interested in future ones.

AndyMc

RMS Regular
OP
AndyMc
Drives
C350
Probably should have given a bit of spec on it. :oops:
She's 2.5L turbo, AWD, 300bhp running on lpg with geartronic box.
Has adaptive 4C chassis, giving comfort, sports and advanced mode.
Think the book time 0 - 60 is 5.8 sec or there abouts, quite the weapon, though returning 15 - 18 mpg round town really doesn't diminish the smile the 5 pot puts on your face when you put the boot down. :p

AndyMc

RMS Regular
OP
AndyMc
Drives
C350
Lol, think we might have met on VCPC already Marty, LPG just makes it that bit easier to run as a daily. Wouldn't fancy 15mpg running petrol.

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
checked your thread mate nordic isnt me thats another member from belfast has an S70R ive a T5R im martybelfastt5 there as for the 15mpg the s60R wasnt that bad mate lol

AndyMc

RMS Regular
OP
AndyMc
Drives
C350
Ah right, think he mentioned you then, I get 22 - 25 on a run it's just round town that I've seen 15 - 18 but I'm still enjoying the power too much.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
That thing is awesome, the rims look really well dark.

AndyMc

RMS Regular
OP
AndyMc
Drives
C350
Cheers guys, think it will be a long time before I am bored with it.

@Lyons how are you getting on with the legacy? That was fairly high up on the list of cars I was looking at as well but finding a reasonable mileage example for good money was pretty difficult.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The Legacy is grand. I've had it up North and to Dublin and its a great cruiser. Its my first estate too, which is proving super handy for carting prams, wheels etc about.

Mines just the 2.5, but if I had been in the market for a Spec B type car, I would definitely have opted for the V70R instead- they're just that bit more special in my opinion.

AndyMc

RMS Regular
OP
AndyMc
Drives
C350
Yeah I get what you mean it would have been the 3.0 B-Spec I would have been going for but when I found this one already gassed i jumped at it. You don't get too many of them coming up in the condition this one is in. I am the 3rd owner from new with the last owner only owning from January.

warren

RMS Photographer
Beautiful machine, looks in seriously good nick. That interior is something else aswell, looks geat. Feeling good about the 26mpg I can get from my T5 through traffic now :laughing: haha

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I'm not old enough to have a secret love for volvos :worried:

Id love one of these, had a c70 T5 GT in the past and really miss that 5cyl sound!

mthompo

RMS Regular
Drives
Too much...
lovely lovely motor!! looked for a volvo estate 7 seater myself there but the 7 seat variant eem to be hard to come by :worried:

AndyMc

RMS Regular
OP
AndyMc
Drives
C350
You can always retrofit the rear seats! I spotted a few 7 seater r's when I was looking but I would have been pulling the seats out and selling them on.
Spent many years as a youngster travelling backwards in the boot of a volvo (might explain the love of them a little bit) nothing more fun than making faces out the back window at traffic lights.