MY98 Impreza diagnostic software

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
Im after some sort of diagnostic software to have on the laptop for my Impreza. Any computer experts know where i would find this to download or who would sell it. After a sort off vagcom but for Subarus if it exists.

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Good man, i have a Bluetooth obd2 plug. I wonder if that would work instead of the cable?

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Ah.... seen your link sigh. Guessing the my98 is obd1? Maybe thats why my we code readers wouldnt work

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Might be SSM instead of any ODB type. Also a shout for romraider it has an ecu logger / code reader built in.

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Looking at that first link @bigsigh it says from 99 onwards so im not convinced that will do a my98? If you think that lead will suit however let me know your rock bottom on the floor absolutely very last and best price for it :grinning:

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Will have a look at that Adam, that evoscan definitely seems to be all singing and dancing tho.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
They do flash codes, no gear needed if that's what you're after.

As above, there are diagnostic connectors under the steering column which when connected will flash the CEL with any stored codes.

Looking at that first link @bigsigh it says from 99 onwards so im not convinced that will do a my98? If you think that lead will suit however let me know your rock bottom on the floor absolutely very last and best price for it :grinning:
The cable and software is only required if you want to datalog also:
Evoscan

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Slightly off topic, but what's with the MY before the year? It only seems to be you Subaru boys that use it.

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Im going to try this flash jobby now and see what it shows up. Definitely want something a bit better like that evo scan long term tho rather than this morse code type system

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Yeh that flash thing is a pain in the arse. Ive noticed as well as a normal obd plug the car has this plug in the picture ???

Attachments

• 20160318_150500.jpg
    20160318_150500.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 85

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
It should still fit @chunky Its worth noting if it is SSM Subaru only in the more recent cars did they actually fit a module around the SSM connector so it looked like OBD :grinning:

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
I have a normal obd plug as well. Just cant get it to connect??

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
The Plug is ODB shaped, but even if its pinned it will only have the 4 SSM pins

edit: lol @Gambit beat me to it

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
@chunky I couldn't get mine to connect with an ODB connector had to use a SSM cable (VAG-COM). I thought I could read codes from it though *shrug*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.