MY98 Impreza diagnostic software

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
Ah ok , just met chunky there with the cable , he said he's gonna give FreeSSM a go first , see how it goes

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
yes sorted with a cable, freessm seems to say its for my99 cars onwards?

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
my simple head is melted. tried freessm and it wont connect to the car, is the jist of what those links are suggesting is evo scan is the way to go for a pre 99?

Gambit

RMS Regular
Same as this

CF3B691E-6387-4036-AF49-B40007A29AD9-39984-00000BD097628027_zps836cee7f.jpg

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
@chunky if you wanna get the codes this morning fire up a video of them flashing and we can pick them out for you.

I would say evoscan is the most tried and tested software

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
If evo scan will do pre 99 then ill just buy it and download it. Shame that freessm didnt work because it looked a good we program for nothing. If im stuck ill throw up a morse code video :grinning:

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
If evo scan will do pre 99 then ill just buy it and download it. Shame that freessm didnt work because it looked a good we program for nothing. If im stuck ill throw up a morse code video :grinning:
Send them an email and check before you buy , think it's like 25nz dollars so £12 or so

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Yeh gona email them now. From reading there site it says there supported vehicle list with evo scan covers all years for data logging. But its my99 on for the list for reading dtc's so i dono.

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Gona buy evo scan and see what it offers.... will record my flash codes soon and see who can be sad enough to crack the code on a saturday night.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Gona buy evo scan and see what it offers.... will record my flash codes soon and see who can be sad enough to crack the code on a saturday night.

There's little to crack, just count the flashes and write them down.

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Got the evo scan going i think. When i clear the dtc's it doesnt always bring the same ones up but most reappear.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1458415023628.jpg
    FB_IMG_1458415023628.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 76

chunky

RMS Regular
OP
chunky
Drives
Lots
Yeh it was going flatout on the blinks.... there was alot if ecu options for ssm1 and i picked one that connected. I wonder if its not the exact ecu will the program throw up false codes or is that a true reading. Just going to have to prioritise them.

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
The codes are the same I think , some of those sensors can be cleaned , if it wasn't seeing signal from cam and crank it wouldn't be running

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.