Need recommendations for a decent DA polisher

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Robert

RMS Trader
Anyone been using one commercially that they can recommend?
Need something durable for a car dealership thats going to stick being used daily.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
How capable are the people using it lol

Rupes LHR15 is hard to beat for effectiveness just keep spare brushes as they go through them quickly make sure they are kept clean. The longer throw will cause issues if they don't know how to use it but I love them, I have 3 of them lol

We have just got @Davey@Procar to bring in a shine mate 15mm for us as they take alot of abuse from all reports. Very reasonably priced. I know he brought in 2 so there will be another available.

DAS6Pro is also a good shout for a regular 8mm DA. Not got the same bite but much more idiot proof and very reasonably priced.

Procar will be your best bet to buy them

Last edited:

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
The Rupes is a great machine, although admittedly I hated it at first, but have got onto them now and barely lift anything else.

I’ve played with the Torqx polisher and it’s a nice wee Machine for a beginner/enthusiast

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
We've a deal on the Autobrite machines this month.

DA21 or DA12.

IMG_1018.JPG

hippyross

RMS Regular
I've a vertool force drive which is a good and powerful. I've had it about a year and use it quite a bit and still going strong.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Carbon Collective have just released their new DA, similar price as the Das6 and the updated power motor, may be worth a look..... not that it’s important, but it’s a good looking thing!

Robert

RMS Trader
OP
Robert
Looked there already

Had a look prior to posting and couldn’t see anything. Does anyone have a guide for a complete novice looking to buy a polisher? If not, can anyone advise exactly what gear I’ll need? I’m just looking something to remove light swirls/scratches and protect the paintwork after.

I’ve no idea on the various stages in the process, never mind what products are actually good or not out of the hundreds available. I’m not going to be turning pro, so don’t want to spend a fortune on stuff, but just some kit that is good for a DIYer.

Need a professional tool, not a DIY one.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Like @big_pete says, the Rupes machines are hard to look past. He's probably the most qualified person on here to talk about polishers, due to his business. Have a look at PMG's site to see the work he does and mostly all on Rupes machines, if I'm not mistaken.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
They just need to be looked after, so keeping them cleaned out etc. I will go through a set of brushes in each machine in 6 months or so but that's being used 8-10 hours a day 6 days a week.

Well worth buying the kit so they can try the pads etc too.

Robbo777

RMS Regular
Drives
All Sorts
If your looking at Rupes machines but the price is a stumbling block buy a DAS6 PRO PLUS, it’s basically a rubes and it also has the 15mm extra throw. I’ve used both machines and in the right hands you will get the same results with both.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
There is a slightly different technique to using one.

Apply no pressure at all, it causes it to stall and won't be doing what it should be. It's also going to wreck the bearings too.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
There is a slightly different technique to using one.

Apply no pressure at all, it causes it to stall and won't be doing what it should be. It's also going to wreck the bearings too.

have you had the use of a Rupes Mille yet Pete?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.