New car - Peugeot 405 Mi16 *minor update*

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

RCT

RMS Regular
Very nice Ryan! I'll be round for the engine shortly! Lol OJ. Nice example and not too many of them about that are clean and haven't had there engine stole out of them for something else. Just keep her nice and clean with some tasteful mods and don't let the salt get at it. I remember reading a 405 brochure when I was a kid around 94/95, and there was a 405 Le mans [red only I think]. It was a special edition with the later 2.0 engine and I think it had that spoiler on it the same as you posted up there. I try and get a look up on the computer in work for you to see if you can still get that spoiler from pug. It surprised me the amount of stuff I was still able to get new from pug for the 205.

metro1800

RMS Regular
OP
metro1800
Drives
405 Mi16
Nice one. What do the T16 rims look like?

Similar to the Mi16 wheels, but they're 16", like the photo below
henrikc405mi2kb1.jpg

chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Lots
lovely mate ...im very jealous! ...with the spec in that im sure you will never sell it

metro1800

RMS Regular
OP
metro1800
Drives
405 Mi16
Cheers fellas. Spoiler, T16 wheels and suspension will be the only mods. Spent the day fixing a few niggly problems like oil temp gauge, electric aerial, blower motor. Mostly loose wires but thats typical Peugeot

STE_vie

RMS Regular
am i correct in thinkin a t16 is a 2.0 8v turbo 405 unavaiable in uk??

nice car. have never saw one of these on the road. health to enjoy

STE_vie

RMS Regular
i had a notion it was a 8v, no need for sarc. i am sorry i do not know engine specs of cars unavailable in the uk.

dee205

RMS Regular
As long as you stay away from gay bodykits and wheels you'll be safe enough Ryan!

Everyday I went out the back door and seen a 205 Mi16 and a 405 Mi16. Both looking really sad as they never got out much since the maniac Meriva came along.. it's the wife's car so it had to stay. It was down to the 205 or the 405. If I had my way I'd have both but it wasn't gonna happen. The 205 won in the end up but the 405 got a good home from someone who with a love of them and who's gonna look after it.

I had been thinking about buying another 205 to convert but the Mi engine would have been safe enough in the 405 as I'm going GTi-6 when I get organised.

Keep her between the hedges lad!

Damien

metro1800

RMS Regular
OP
metro1800
Drives
405 Mi16
Cheers seanbob. Car hasn't been out yet. Want to get a few things done to it first;)

metro1800

RMS Regular
OP
metro1800
Drives
405 Mi16
Made a few small updates to the car over the past while. Got the T16 spoiler on, half tinted the rear lights myself and updated the badges to Phase 2 ones (still have to get the 405 badge for it though). Fitted new starter, uprated panel filter, and a few other bits and pieces too. Car need a good buff now and a service (timing belt, tensioners etc), plus new rear brake calipers and it should be ready for action. Can't seem to find the time though...
dsc00292vf5.jpg

dsc00286zs9.jpg
dsc00282sz2.jpg

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
Lovely Ryan! 1st time i've looked at this health to drive lad! looks ace!:grinning:

metro1800

RMS Regular
OP
metro1800
Drives
405 Mi16
Cheers Niall. Forgot to add the car will be getting a healthy dose of lowering too. Bilstein's and Eibachs I think will be purchased

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.