New Focus Rs

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Once the head gasket issues are put to bed then I reckon the prices will settle, but despite its abilities there's something different from the mk1 and 2 RS that means it probably won't quite follow their depreciation trajectories.

56oval

RMS Regular
Once the head gasket issues are put to bed then I reckon the prices will settle, but despite its abilities there's something different from the mk1 and 2 RS that means it probably won't quite follow their depreciation trajectories.

Mk2's have done incredibly well short term, mk1's haven't done anywhere near as well short term and are still all over the place long term. i'd say the 3 will do alright.

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Mk2's have done incredibly well short term, mk1's haven't done anywhere near as well short term and are still all over the place long term. i'd say the 3 will do alright.

Although not as up there as the mk2, the mk1 is still around £15k for a 70k mile 15yo car - 75% of its rrp. I just can't see the mk3 being 3/4 of its purchase price after similar timescale, but who knows - I still remember the occasional mk2 rs for £15k back 7 years ago.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.