New Honda Monkey bike

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Definitely the full system. Can and link pipe are nearly the same money, but changing the standard header pipe for the stainless system not only saves a lot of weight, it'll also not rust. I got my stuff from Jap4Performance who are the UK distributor for Tyga.

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Yeoooo! Great service from those guys @viper_biker

image.jpg

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Get yourself a new exhaust gasket. They're about £2 and just be carefull tightening up the nuts. 1/4 to a 1/2 turn each at a time.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
No thread lock and no torque settings, just nip it up until it's tight. Ride it a few times then check is again. I've changed systems loads of times on loads of bikes and never needed to thread lock them. Only ever put copper grease on the studs.

areofall

RMS Regular
OP
areofall
If you don't mind me asking, how much was the system? Looks superb

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
@viper_biker have you considered a big bore kit? :grinning:

No. The real reason for not getti g one is that there's 3 of us with them and the first one to bore theirs out is a cheater LOL Slip stream races wouldn't be fun when the bikes aren't equal.

On a side note, got 79mph out of mine the other day (obviously on a closed road) Full tuck, chin down, arse up and a tow from a mates slip stream.

It's good to see a few msx owners over here.
There's a decent sized group off us riding monkeybikes over here during the decent weather.
Mainly from county down we do some off the quay viper charity runs from carrick-larne-ballymena and runs from Ards to portaferry-strangford to Newcastle, then back again.
If you msx boys are interested you'd be more than welcome to meet up for a ride out?

Here's some off my own road registered stuff
TB built 184cc monkey

1980 Honda z50jz-1 (90cc now)

1983 honda Chaly cf70 lowrider project

Here's a bike I have here,similar in size to the msx,made by kawasaki but never officially imported.
2007 ksr110 (now 143cc)

They did do the msx in a honda legends scheme. This is john mcguinnes paddock bike from this summer

Last edited:
@scoobybi They are some awesome machines you have there. The kwak looks brilliant!
I know a guy in England who has both the ksr and msx.
Says he likes both but they both have their good and bad points.

Says they both ride well but about both

Msx points
-Soft forks(heavier oil should cure)
-Crap oe tyres
-Expensive tuning parts(especially Fi department )
-No semi auto option.
+nice digital dash
+factory alloy wheels
+cheaper popular Monkeybike exhaust options

Ksr points
+Cheap big bore and tuning
options(carb)
-Before 2011 had steel wheels
-less common klx angled exhaust
+factory semi auto but manual option available

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Decided to dip into the savings and keep my MSX.

Too many mongs looking it for £2000 :rolleyes:

Ordered 2 Pirellis to replace the shíte 'Vee rubber' tyres :cool:

Was talking to Mark in Ballymena Honda this week and he said that after the next batch (which will mean each branch gets a couple of bikes) Honda do not intend on bringing any more into the UK from Thailand as it's actually costing them more to do so than they are actually making on the bikes. A limited quantity may be available via special order.

Certainly worth holding on to, could be very collectable in coming years with less than 20 bikes being registered in NI.

areofall

RMS Regular
OP
areofall
It's good to see a few msx owners over here.
There's a decent sized group off us riding monkeybikes over here during the decent weather.
Mainly from county down we do some off the quay viper charity runs from carrick-larne-ballymena and runs from Ards to portaferry-strangford to Newcastle, then back again.
If you msx boys are interested you'd be more than welcome to meet up for a ride out?

Would be up for a run out but any slow machines for me to keep up with? LOL

Decided to dip into the savings and keep my MSX.

Too many mongs looking it for £2000 :rolleyes:

Ordered 2 Pirellis to replace the shíte 'Vee rubber' tyres :cool:

Was talking to Mark in Ballymena Honda this week and he said that after the next batch (which will mean each branch gets a couple of bikes) Honda do not intend on bringing any more into the UK from Thailand as it's actually costing them more to do so than they are actually making on the bikes. A limited quantity may be available via special order.

Certainly worth holding on to, could be very collectable in coming years with less than 20 bikes being registered in NI.

Wouldn't believe all the stealers say, will take 20-25 years for them to be collectable, def a great wee bike I'll just have to play the waiting game LOL This keeps me entertained in the meantime.

Pete

RMS Regular
Drives
stinkin disco 2
should never have opened this thread :worried: might have to wait a while until the prices drop but as people are saying in a few years these will be collectors items!

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Does anyone use an MSX as a commuter?

Seriously considering buying a scooter rather than a 2nd car now I've a longer commute to work.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Use mine everyday for the work commute. Fuel economy makes the choice of taking the car redundant.