New Honda Monkey bike

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
CBT, as far as I'm aware, will allow you to ride a bike up to 125cc or circa 10bhp bike. You then do different modules for bigger capacity bikes, however, if you are over 25 (again, I stand to be corrected) you can do a Direct Access course and that will mean you do your test on a 500cc bike and once passed, you are good to ride and capacity.

Personally speaking, I'd just go for the Direct Access and forget about the rest.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
I did think there was something because I told my partner she could take the MSX out and me on the 'Blade but was told she'd need to do the CBT first. Might talk her into it this year. Will be an excuse to have a 2nd MSX LOL

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Belfast Honda had 2 in last week as well. A yellow and a white one, but they're up to £2800 now LOL

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Not that I've been told. I'd visit Belfast Honda every week or so for a chat and they've never once mentioned it. For sure, there's a bigger demand than supply, so I can't see people being put off them if the price went up a little more to cover any additions shipping costs.

mr_s81

RMS Regular
Drives
FozSTI
Ballymena Honda had three in stock on Saturday. They only arrived last Wednesday, 1 black, 1 yellow and 1 white. They probably won't sit long!

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Had a test drive on one today.

Being used to riding bigger bikes it felt really weird at the start.

The finance deal is really good.

Just don't know if I can be arsed riding in the winter.

Gaza_r

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus TDCI
Where are doing test rides?

Craigs Honda in Shipley

But I know Allens Honda in Portadown got a delivery recently.

When I went down 2 weeks ago (edit Thursday 16th) they'd just had one in Black and one in Yellow delivered.

slag

RMS Regular
I'm very tempted by the finance deal too but the car would have to go as I don't think I could justify having 2 bikes and car on the road.

What are these like on a longer run i.e. 25+ miles? And can drivers actually spot you? Considering usually they can't see or hear you on big noisy bikes..

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I'm very tempted by the finance deal too but the car would have to go as I don't think I could justify having 2 bikes and car on the road.

What are these like on a longer run i.e. 25+ miles? And can drivers actually spot you? Considering usually they can't see or hear you on big noisy bikes..

I find mine comfortable on longer runs and I'm 6'2.
You're almost completely upright and they ride the bumps well.

As for drivers not spotting you, you're not really any less visable than you would be on a bigger bike.
As for not hearing you - fit the full Tyga system! (although this is only the end can):

Last edited:

areofall

RMS Regular
OP
areofall
You're a bad influence lol the more videos I watch the more I need one!

Wouldn't panic into buying one yet, speaking to a honda dealer and there is a new model on the way, already. Think it's mainly updated colours and wheels will be gold. Think with the hipe, a lot were bought on impulse so cheap ones will be knocking about, soon.