New New Top Gear Season 2 Ep 1 BBC2 Tonight

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Surely the Ignis and the Panda 4x4 are basically the same car? Good wee test that, just shows you don't need a lifted defender with all the bits and pieces to get places. It would have been a hell of a lot less interesting to watch too :joy:

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Is the Ferrari classed as an estate car?... It had no rear doors!

I'd have liked to have seen the both of them up against an RS6 Avant Performance. 605ps with OTR price of £90k (no extra's obviously.. also I just didn't read that from the Audi website ahem).

Still was a good episode.. better than those other 3 imo. Season lineup looks interesting also. Saw a few Renaultsports and the Bentley Speed 8 could be a good season with a variations of cars.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Is the Ferrari classed as an estate car?... It had no rear doors!

Used to be all the rage...

unnamed.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Enjoyed that, two great challenges, off to a good start. Still fast forward past "star in a reasonable star", can't believe they still have that segment, but other than that good entertainment.

Chris is indeed tiny, he looks microscopic in any car, lol, and boy has Matt put on even more :innocent:

The Panda and Ignis - if you stop and consider what they actually did there, that's an amazing challenge! Sure, they pretty much totalled those two cars :joy: But what an achievement.

Is the Ignis based on a Panda? Didn't know that.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Anyone who has enough money to buy a Ferrari and picks that needs their head examined!

That Ferrari hatch is bought by those who already have a Pista for fun, and an 812 for popping in to the office or to head down to Monaco or Switzerland for the weekend. And now just need something handy for school runs and the weekly shop at Asda.

:innocent:

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
I didn’t mind the star in a reasonably priced car bit if the celeb was someone who I liked or was funny, same for the news bit with clarkson Hammond and may, it was funny so I’ll miss that

NotKG

Banned
Everyone seems to dislike the star in the car bit, wonder why BBC don't listen?

The grand tour dropped it!
because it was ok on bbc, but grand tour tried to tease they were going to copy it, and the star getting predictably killed every week was the bit the public didnt like. #itwas****
not like clarkson to care what viewers think.
im glad the bbc stuck with it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Just watched it. I thought there was chat that Rory had been dropped from the main show completely? I was devastated when I saw him on the line up at the start!

Good episode though, great having Le Blanc and Harris back together.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Just watched it. I thought there was chat that Rory had been dropped from the main show completely? I was devastated when I saw him on the line up at the start!

Good episode though, great having Le Blanc and Harris back together.

This is the last series of that lineup. I think they filmed it all a while back.

Strange and confusing way to go about the lineup.

Agree with the comments on the guest bits, they were ok ish about 12 years ago but they started to grow legs when Clarkson was still on TG and they've got increasingly worse since.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.