New Top Gear presenters....

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I still maintain Rory is the worst TV presenter I've seen on any TV show ever.

Quite enjoyed Harris and LeBlanc together, not as entertaining as Clarkson/Hammond/May but very good nonetheless. Will still be giving the new series a go!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Netflix wouldn't load on the plane yesterday so I watched the Bentley/Merc episode again. Brilliant the second time too.

So many wee things, like when Matt got out of the car after the coolant issue and the alarm started going off 😂

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
I still maintain Rory is the worst TV presenter I've seen on any TV show ever.
Aw Gaz, come on!
Fleetwood-And-Fox.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I think Rory is ok too, you have to remember all these things are an entertainment program first and a car show second so they are all only portraying the personality and persona the director and producers set out for them.

May had a real thing about his captain slow back in the day but the producers persuaded him to keep going with it and now many years later we wouldn’t want it any other way.

I’ve only worked with Rory a few times and I can only judge him on that and honestly he’s a really nice kind and generous bloke indeed who worked very hard to get that opportunity.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
It's OK, I'll look it up myself :p I thought I recognised the Sunday Brunch set from the pic above

Tim Lovejoy mate. used to host SoccerAm, then an American soccer (football show) now a few morning tv shows.

Easy enough to watch, but more of a faceless tv host, nothing really memorable about him

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Tim Lovejoy mate. used to host SoccerAm, then an American soccer (football show) now a few morning tv shows.

Easy enough to watch, but more of a faceless tv host, nothing really memorable about him
I looked at his Wikipedia information. I'd never have watched the stuff he presented, though I do love a cooking show.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13

He's just so awkward too! It seems like the picked a random awkward guy off the street and said "you'll do." .. He really doesn't fit on TV! I thought I was the only one who noticed lol

ilovequo

RMS Regular
I'm actually looking forward to the new crowd. My biggest concern is how they're going to come across as if they have car knowledge. I feel like it will definitely be entertaining, but the new boys aren't car journalists or have never been associated with motorsport nor have I known them to be petrol heads even. It should still be funny but the only one you can half trust to give good genuine reviews is Harris.
How much car knowledge do they really need? They’ll be briefed/scripted on everything they say anyway...
On screen chemistry, celebrities who anyone’s heard of and being able to say something without it sounding scripted is the thing the new series has missed most since the great fracas!
I was a big fan of Chris Harris before he went on top gear, watched all of his evo/drive videos which were great (because he was being himself) but he’s never looked as comfortable as that since joining top gear...

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Brilliant if true, but like you say a very bad choice of day for any announcement, lol.

Surely the next series is already being produced?

RallyCiaran

RMS Regular
Drives
Nova 1600 8v
Apparently Matt Le Blanc has had a change of heart and is in negotiations to return to TG next year. Hopefully not an April Fool but the BBC are supposed to be making an announcement soon.

It's 100% lies. Even says he is to return on 1st April 2020.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Apparently Matt Le Blanc has had a change of heart and is in negotiations to return to TG next year. Hopefully not an April Fool but the BBC are supposed to be making an announcement soon.

Along with the new 2? How would that work...

I call April fools.

Big Jon

RMS Regular
Drives
G87 M2

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Trailer looks good. I just hope that wasnt all the best bits. Looking forward to it.