New work Van - MS-RT Transit Connect

GavRS182

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Clio 182
Wow best looking van I've ever seen, period! In my previous work I had an enterprise citroen berlingo and I thought it was trick - first time having AC in a van, it was magical come the warmer days & had DAB radio. Health to enjoy, look forward to next update when you have the graphics applied.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Wow best looking van I've ever seen, period! In my previous work I had an enterprise citroen berlingo and I thought it was trick - first time having AC in a van, it was magical come the warmer days & had DAB radio. Health to enjoy, look forward to next update when you have the graphics applied.
thank you so much mate!
A/C was a big thing. The caddy didnt have it, and it only had keep fit windows so during the summer spells it was roasting!!!

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
That’s really nice - and I truly never thought I’d be commenting on a new van. Love the quad pipes and the colour. Just needs a red stripe running along either front door and then on the diagonal to the roof along the sides 😉

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
So got the call from Trimtech NI that the van is ready for collection.
Until I get a few decent pictures here are a few he sent me!

anyone who follows him on Facebook / Instagram may have already seen these but here goes:

we went for a custom build to incorporate shelving for display & sales purposes as well as a box to keep other bits and pieces of stock in. Roof headlining done in alcantara with led lighting and trimmed out properly.

not the cheapest option but it’s a one off build with a lot of custom work, made to highlight my stock and it’s ticked all the boxes for me

D95F48ED-F056-4121-8694-CE60CA8AC660.jpeg
680913ED-7F8E-43B7-9DDF-B74C501C5988.jpeg
02F92FDE-E835-4B86-A5BB-EB83CCDFFDA3.jpeg
39C359E0-161E-4B23-9682-F3EAE5C9954F.jpeg

e320mark

RMS Regular

anyone who follows him on Facebook / Instagram may have already seen these but here goes:

we went for a custom build to incorporate shelving for display & sales purposes as well as a box to keep other bits and pieces of stock in. Roof headlining done in alcantara with led lighting and trimmed out properly.

not the cheapest option but it’s a one off build with a lot of custom work, made to highlight my stock and it’s ticked all the boxes for me

View attachment 264838View attachment 264839View attachment 264840View attachment 264841
That looks really smart! Would be great at a meet too for selling!

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE

View attachment 264838View attachment 264839View attachment 264840View attachment 264841
Wow!!! That’s a bit nice!

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Some job Ross, that rear fit out is top class!

How come you didn’t board and carpet the floor?

I need to get mine done as you can’t set anything in the back as it just slides around banging off the bulkhead or the sides! 😫

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Some job Ross, that rear fit out is top class!

How come you didn’t board and carpet the floor?

I need to get mine done as you can’t set anything in the back as it just slides around banging off the bulkhead or the sides! 😫

your last paragraph is the reason why I didn’t carpet the floor.
I still need to carry tools, floor buffing machines etc in the back of the van occasionally and in the carpeted caddy floor, even when strapped down things slid about.

this has 6 ratchet points on the rubber floor so made more sense to keep them and the floor for transporting bigger bulkier things!

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
What an interior for a work van, you'd almost feel bad getting into it after a day on site if you were a builder 😂

But I have to say I was very impressed with it, and have always thought the transit was the nicer looking of the small vans on the market.

RWD conversion and a 2.5 ST lump would make her the job!!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Thats is a class job on the inside he’s done! Love the Alcantara roof. Looks perfect for showing off all your products in!

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
Not too late to the party, But here in the states, it's very difficult to locate parts or companies willing to make this type of van conversion. Most TC owners want to turn these vans into campers. I'm with @BigPimp here.. love how the van looks though we're not going to be able to add any ground effects to our van because of our states regulations. Also, I like how you've added the fabric panels to the interior of the van. We're going to be doing something similar to our 2020, but with Diamond Tucked carbon fiber material. I'll created a build thread shortly.

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Not too late to the party, But here in the states, it's very difficult to locate parts or companies willing to make this type of van conversion. Most TC owners want to turn these vans into campers. I'm with @BigPimp here.. love how the van looks though we're not going to be able to add any ground effects to our van because of our states regulations. Also, I like how you've added the fabric panels to the interior of the van. We're going to be doing something similar to our 2020, but with Diamond Tucked carbon fiber material. I'll created a build thread shortly.
Welcome to RMS (y)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Awesome! Welcome to RMS

anything I can help with just ask.

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
Thanks for the support,
  1. Could you verify the OZ wheels width and size. I'm under the impression that they are 18''x8''?? But have no clue what the Offset/ET is.
  2. Could you verify the tires size and the load index on those tires?. In the states, we have to follow our door jam load index so I just need to make sure these are an acceptable tire for our van. I made the mistake of mounting a load index of 95 on our van that require 98 or better and these nitto tires should have never been mounted on the voxx wheels.
  3. Although our van has "blanks" located on the side doors and both the rear barn doors, I'll be using these blanks to adhere the Diamond Tucked carbon fiber material. I suspect something like gorilla spray glue as a tact glue. then use hot glue to permanently adhere the fabric to the panel blanks. We'll have to do it this way because staples will not puncher the fiber/press board panels.
  4. About my thread.. I'm getting an error warning message saying it needs to be approved.. Who do I contact about this?
Follow Up:

I'm handy with sewing and I've had to make a few alterations to a dash cover as made by Covercraft. it's cheap, cheesy and flimsy. Seems to be made from the same material as your wall coverings. I'm pleased with the near end result, but waiting on getting the custom text logo embroidered on the passenger side in a few weeks.

Last edited:

LostnTransit

RMS Regular
@Big Pimp seeing how there's a post constraint on my account, here's another forum that already has my updated build thread: