NI Regional fuel prices thread

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Seen this on the news last night.

1.5 million incidents of fuel theft in a year!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
In England virtually everywhere is either pay at pump, or pre-pay in the shop. It's mostly BP/Shell still having fill up and pay after just to get more people through the shops to buy overpriced random stuff nobody actually needs 😇

I imagine the only reason there isn't more pay-at-pump at here is we are 50 years behind on everything 🤫

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
More & more local filling stations have moved to pay in advance with card machines on the pumps.
Noticed that too, can be a bit awkward if you over estimate and then have to waste time going in to get it refunded.

Prefer the classic pay at pump setup

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Come Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Noticed that too, can be a bit awkward if you over estimate and then have to waste time going in to get it refunded.

Prefer the classic pay at pump setup
So, if I select prepay £50 and only takes £48 does the pump still charge £50?

The ones by me just charge whatever amount you put in.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
So, if I select prepay £50 and only takes £48 does the pump still charge £50?

The ones by me just charge whatever amount you put in.

Depends if you're paying instore or paying at pump.

If the former, you need to go back in and if the latter, it'll just debit what you put in. There are a few near me where you pay instore and if you don't fill it up to the limit, you need to go back in and get a refund for the unused fuel you prepaid for.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
If Im filling up, I'll just go in and ask them to open the pump and they do so 9/10 times if you're polite

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Or just go somewhere else where you can either fill up and pay, or pay at the pump, without faffing about.

But yes, most places seem sensible and don't mess about their customers.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Not too many places do Super in Fermanagh.

I know were your on about there lol, such a handling for me in the company van and fuel card, most who see us pull in release the pump but the blonde doll makes you come in to release the pump to fill. I swear she's abit touched in the head.

For super id only go to nicholls new station, fuels good and no contamination unlike the place above 🤐

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I know were your on about there lol, such a handling for me in the company van and fuel card, most who see us pull in release the pump but the blonde doll makes you come in to release the pump to fill. I swear she's abit touched in the head.

For super id only go to nicholls new station, fuels good and no contamination unlike the place above 🤐

Can’t say I’ve had any issues with their fuel and points build up nicely for the odd voucher.

With Nicholl’s from what I know/been told they’re not particularly nice people to deal with so try to avoid where I can.

chrisd

RMS Regular
Drives
Tiguan
Can’t say I’ve had any issues with their fuel and points build up nicely for the odd voucher.

With Nicholl’s from what I know/been told they’re not particularly nice people to deal with so try to avoid where I can.

Had a few bouts of contaminated fuel with them and took a whole to sort.

I've heard the same about nicholls, but I've had zero issues with the pay at pump or the fuel at donnellys

VinR

RMS Regular
Drives
E90 330d
Her car has been driving rough after getting diesel in one particular station, she has done it twice there and the car has been the same.