Now i need a car

bill

Banned
OP
bill
If i had to to higher money then i think i would rather have a Focus ST3 2008 to 2011ish

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
You know 100,000 miles isn't a magically barrier where everything breaks suddenly.

I'd rather have a well looked after car that has a few more miles on it.

My 2011 car....

20190728_093751.jpg

bill

Banned
OP
bill
that would have been great if it was 222222 my lucky number is 2

bill

Banned
OP
bill
That just made my day hope brings me luck today. I am going driving with the wife first time in the new car oh dear.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
You know 100,000 miles isn't a magically barrier where everything breaks suddenly.

I'd rather have a well looked after car that has a few more miles on it.

My 2011 car....

View attachment 244628

Same, never got the 100k mindset.

I'd be more concerned over the numbers of owners, if a car had changed hands a lot of times in a short-ish period I'd be concerned it wasn't looked after.

Plus I've of the view that cars if they're making to higher miles (120k+) will only have got there if they're looked after properly.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Its not my mindset i know when you go to sell a car people look for lower millage and less owners plus good service history.
That is the only reason why i said below 100K. I was in a skoda the other day and it had 180k and only 8 years old and it didnt have a rattle.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Last edited:

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Frig sake just checked your right only 2011 on have Auto boxes i am getting to old and know nothing about cars lol.
You spot on only from 2017 i cant find anything before then.

Last edited:

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Right after reading all the good advice and some not so good lol.
I have decided a BMW Compact in auto would do my job i know there older than 10 years but there are some nice looking cars about.
E46/5 if that makes sense it looks like the where built until 2004.
I may have to move on the colour no red some ass-hole around here keys red cars for some reason.
Also not black nice when clean heartbreaking when dirty.

An e46 compact.....looks like dung and the e46 can seriously break your heart

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Honestly i give up i dont have a clue what to do and what to pick. I am more confused now than before the thread started lol. Need to just get away from looking for a week and then the first auto i see that ticks any of the boxes gets bought.

pablo

RMS Moderator
you will be constantly carrying parts to it. unless some other sucker has done it all for you recently. Even then.

there is a whole thread on E46s here and how they break peoples hearts on a daily basis

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I like to think of them as needing ongoing love and attention. Parts are cheap enough, they're fairly easily worked on and it's rare you'll get something that'll leave you completely stranded (although I did get stranded a few times with mine lol). Just need to have time and ability to do it all yourself otherwise it could all get a bit spendy.

dddrrift

RMS Regular
These things are just broke in at 100k

few more miles than you want but technically blue...
Mercedes E320 £4000ono | in Coalisland, County Tyrone | Gumtree

low miles but silver...

bill

Banned
OP
bill
The E46 is out then not fit enough to work on anything now. Maybe a C Class coupe.