Once common cars that you don't see anymore

Gambit

RMS Regular
20211015_152004.jpg

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica
Posted this in the random mobile thread but I suppose this would be fitting place as well! 1979 Leyland Maxi 1750 recently resurrected from a 20 year sleep.
As much as people malign them, BL cars really weren’t any worse than others of the period and one positive consequence of their, in my opinion, undeserved reputation is that prices remain low and they are a very affordable way to get into classic motoring compared to Fords or Vauxhalls of the same era.
FAEBC5BD-D946-4F6F-BC7F-5A0C62059805.jpeg
21329297-028E-49B6-ACA9-5C2458D83D90.jpeg

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Posted this in the random mobile thread but I suppose this would be fitting place as well! 1979 Leyland Maxi 1750 recently resurrected from a 20 year sleep.
As much as people malign them, BL cars really weren’t any worse than others of the period and one positive consequence of their, in my opinion, undeserved reputation is that prices remain low and they are a very affordable way to get into classic motoring compared to Fords or Vauxhalls of the same era.
View attachment 339033View attachment 339034
Is it being saved? Mate had one about 10years ago was a comfy big thing to drive
Saw a standard 5dr early 306 on Lisburn Rd, purpley blue with XSi alloys. Looked to be a daily driver, DAZ reg, but couldn't get a pic

fj1200aa

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat
An 80 something driving a twitchy, spit you in the nearest hedge in the wet if you can't control your right leg.
Feck that would be a brilliant story to hear.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Random one but drove past a house at week on way to Scrabo tower. In the drive was a r32, s2k & a mk7.5 golf r all lying up covered in green moss and dirt and from. They actually look stupid low miles but covered in slime/grime & moss. Strange as they are all (esp mk7.5) newish cara. Anyone know the story? Would love the s2k

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Maybe some old guy who could still show you how to drive a car.
Paddy Hopkirk or the likes.
Or it’s just an auld fella bought a Nissan coupe 20 odd years ago because they were an alternative to a calibra and slightly bigger than his micra.

These were everywhere back in the day and loads of old folk bought the autos for slipping about in. My dads mate had one after a calibra and celica.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Didn’t get pic but saw a mid 80s Nissan Bluebird hatch driving coming out of Derry today. It looked much nicer than all the modern stuff around it.