Once common cars that you don't see anymore

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Actually see a slightly cleaner & older one before this one but it was passed before my passenger could get a picture😜, it had a wedding type ribbon on the front 💒
Theres a couple of preservation groups that look after these and run them for weddings and the like. I saw one yesterday parked up beside a barn near Eglinton and I really wanted to save it! Think it would overhang the driveway though. Bristol RE LL (Rear Engine Low floor Long Frame 36') with Alexander Type X body, Gardiner engine with pre selector gearbox. Only NI and New Zealand got them after 1976.
I'll just put my anorak away. 🤣🤣🤣

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Used to have a workshop near a group that restored them. An eccentric bunch for sure lol

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I remember these arriving to school and the halions leaving if not thru the rear door they broke and got out one of the rear windows🤠View attachment 339775
sent pic to a mate who knows off it, said belongs to boys from Ards that got the old ads etc remade for it. Stunnung!
Love how the older buses reg's match their number! Most newer ones have a partial match I've noticed

purplea4T

RMS Regular
sent pic to a mate who knows off it, said belongs to boys from Ards that got the old ads etc remade for it. Stunnung!
Love how the older buses reg's match their number! Most newer ones have a partial match I've noticed
Other way round, fleet number is taken off the reg with a depot identifier the first number and loads of newer buses have old 3 digit OI plates reassigned.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
Other way round, fleet number is taken off the reg with a depot identifier the first number and loads of newer buses have old 3 digit OI plates reassigned.

Attachments

• ceradioanorak.jpg
    ceradioanorak.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 46

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
As bad as you are for oul British scrap🤣🤣🤣
Forced on me by the poor taste in cars of some of my bros 😜 have only had one British car and technically it was the Mrs' :laughing: I'm the black sheep that liked Vws lol

Just noticed that's you and Eamo have both incinuated that in this thread..............I should sue the pair of you for such slander :laughing:

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
B4 Passat Estate in Antrim today. Looked well used but in decent shape.

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Only ever saw two red ones over here, one had a three digit plate. Is it this one by any chance?
There's two red ones bangor direction, seem them both almost daily coming into Ards.
One is the ANZ 1000 reg with the black grill who works in North Down motors. The other appears to be pretty lowered and looks very clean.
Haven't seen any black ones in a while 🤔

purplea4T

RMS Regular
There's two red ones bangor direction, seem them both almost daily coming into Ards.
One is the ANZ 1000 reg with the black grill who works in North Down motors. The other appears to be pretty lowered and looks very clean.
Haven't seen any black ones in a while 🤔
I worked with a boy a few years back had a red one from new, last I was speaking to him he still had it. I see a red one parked at Queens Parade in Bangor all the time, 18t one, very tidy, most probably the same one as you see. Ever get that bootlid changed?

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
I spotted a clean looking red b3 Audi coupe in Coleraine today. I was going to snap a pic of it but the fella was already looking at me funny as he was getting out of the car and I was driving past looking at the car :joy:

Gambit

RMS Regular
I worked with a boy a few years back had a red one from new, last I was speaking to him he still had it. I see a red one parked at Queens Parade in Bangor all the time, 18t one, very tidy, most probably the same one as you see. Ever get that bootlid changed?
Big stevie taylor/flush road motors has a red 1.8t anni also, he mot'd it last year for the first time in about 10yrs

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I remember these arriving to school and the halions leaving if not thru the rear door they broke and got out one of the rear windows🤠View attachment 339775

Remember popping back windows out of the ones with no rear door. Was always a mission to see how many people we could squeeze onto the back seat on the way home from school. Got that many in the window fell out. Obviously once we worked out the window popped out, we kept at it.