Papaya Spark McLaren 600LT

jc7891

RMS Regular
That’s not a bad option for a few days! Do they just rent you one? Always wondered what the likes of Mclaren and Lamborghini would do as they have no local dealerships.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Yup. Enterprise rental. Dead on tbh :grinning: the FPace is nice. Considering one for a runaround.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Going by some people on here you should have been expecting a P1 or the likes for your courtesy car :p

I presume you had to arrange the delivery of the car?

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Surprised you didn't get an F1 car...some people on here wouldn't be happy unless you had lol

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Going by some people on here you should have been expecting a P1 or the likes for your courtesy car :p

I presume you had to arrange the delivery of the car?
TBH if I was @riano I'd not have been overly enamoured with a non Porsche car. I have to accept the fact that I knowingly bought a car without a main dealer "locally" so I was never going to have a McLaren anyway, although, I think it would be a little more unfair to expect a >£200K car as a courtesy car. The Jag is excellent tbh.

I did not have to arrange delivery, no. McLaren did.
Surprised you didn't get an F1 car...some people on here wouldn't be happy unless you had lol
LOL :grinning:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
TBH if I was @riano I'd not have been overly enamoured with a non Porsche car. I have to accept the fact that I knowingly bought a car without a main dealer "locally" so I was never going to have a McLaren anyway, although, I think it would be a little more unfair to expect a >£200K car as a courtesy car. The Jag is excellent tbh.

I did not have to arrange delivery, no. McLaren did.

LOL :grinning:

Without getting into it all again I believe his situation wasnt as bad as it was made out ... the epitome of FirstWorldProblems if you ask me.

Thats good they sorted delivery, a pain im sure having to let it go across the water to be worked on. I presume you have no notions of letting it go for something else anytime soon?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
how much is a service on a McLaren?! No fixed price servicing I assume?!

therock

RMS Regular
Without getting into it all again I believe his situation wasnt as bad as it was made out ... the epitome of FirstWorldProblems if you ask me.

Thats good they sorted delivery, a pain im sure having to let it go across the water to be worked on. I presume you have no notions of letting it go for something else anytime soon?

the six month itch will be striking in a few weeks. All about dancing ponies

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8

Pay for it. Expect it. Blah blah blah... but you're right and wrong with it being a first world problem. It's a paid for problem that should offer a suitable solution... anyways who cares :grinning: Keep everyone happy and it's easier :grinning:

Yeah mate it's handy they sort the delivery. CCRS took the car and are bringing it back this evening. It's frustrating for it having to go back/forth but fortunately this is the only time and it's for something daft and I had it serviced early while it was away so works out pretty good all in all.

No notions of changing just yet. If I am completely honest I think the deprecation on any of the heavier stuff right now makes it absolutely mental to change currently. McLaren, Lambo, Ferrari et all are suffering massive slumps in their "high end marquee models" which isn't ideal :grinning:
how much is a service on a McLaren?! No fixed price servicing I assume?!
I've no clue if it's fixed priced - this first service is about £550.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
That’s very reasonable. Some of the German stuff is as much or more. Same for LRs.

Reactions: WSM

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Pay for it. Expect it. Blah blah blah... but you're right and wrong with it being a first world problem. It's a paid for problem that should offer a suitable solution... anyways who cares :grinning: Keep everyone happy and it's easier :grinning:

Yeah mate it's handy they sort the delivery. CCRS took the car and are bringing it back this evening. It's frustrating for it having to go back/forth but fortunately this is the only time and it's for something daft and I had it serviced early while it was away so works out pretty good all in all.

No notions of changing just yet. If I am completely honest I think the deprecation on any of the heavier stuff right now makes it absolutely mental to change currently. McLaren, Lambo, Ferrari et all are suffering massive slumps in their "high end marquee models" which isn't ideal :grinning:

I've no clue if it's fixed priced - this first service is about £550.

Thats very cool, they come and lift the car and leave you off a nice F Pace. Cant really ask for better service than that.

Its a great car to have, always loved Schmee's purple 600LT and he raved about how its the best car hes ever had or driven so given the stuff he gets on a weekly basis thats high praise. Dont blame you being happy for now with it, im sure its a hoot to drive on a daily basis.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
It's all via McLaren Assist which is essentially "AA Prestige" or something. Either way it's super handy. CCRS pick up car. Enterprise deliver car. Job jobbed. I'll have CCRS deliver the car back to Enterprise as well which means a seamless swap over.

The 600LT has insane reviews. Everyone raves about them. I can't drive that well and I love the car so I imagine anyone with a bit of skill can really hammer these things. They're utterly superb though. I miss one thing from my Audi since changing over to McLaren and that's (Well two things, local Audi dealer) the noise from the Akrapoviç -- I think most everything else the McLaren blows it away.

WSM

RMS Regular
OP
WSM
Drives
R8
Holy update Batman.

I won my 26 (yes, twenty six) month long case against McLaren. Bye bye broken McLaren.

And no I’ve no idea what I want next. I’m going to be shocked if I bother with another Supercar. They’re a pain in the hole. :laughing:

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Nice one, I'm pleased for you Warren (y)

McLarens are nice but buying one is not a gamble I would take. you'll buy something cool again.

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Fantastic really am pleased this nightmare ended in your favour.

Go get yourself a G wagen to waft about in 😎

Cro

RMS Regular
Happy days! And obviously the anxiety, stress and sleepless nights they’ve caused you they’ve dropped off a p1 as a good will gesture ;)

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Holy update Batman.

I won my 26 (yes, twenty six) month long case against McLaren. Bye bye broken McLaren.

And no I’ve no idea what I want next. I’m going to be shocked if I bother with another Supercar. They’re a pain in the hole. :laughing:

Meh. Lost a McLaren gained an Ex Miss Ni.
You are doing ok mate 😜😂

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
@WSM May I be rude and ask what kind of issues happened to the LT?