Passat .:R36

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

JasonM

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Passat R36
Decided to treat myself to this last October but only getting around to creating a thread now,

1 of only 3 that I know of in Northern Ireland at the minute and only about 150 UK spec models ever made.

Spec List:
3.6 VR6, 300bhp, 4motion, 6sp DSG.
RNS510, premium bluetooth, climatronic, flappy paddles, front and rear sensors, electric rear window blind, front and rear heated seats, leather/alcantara electric sports seats with memory function, 6cd changer, xenons, power fold wing mirrors.

Since purchasing I have added a Cupra R front splitter, wind deflectors, plateless front and shortened plate on rear, LED sidelights to match the xenons. I am happy with how the car sits at the minute but would consider a wheel change, exhaust upgrade and suspension upgrade in the future and maybe a subtle window tint.

Haven't really had the car at many shows but recently took it to GTINI Castlewellan and also on the R36 stand at DubFiction (in the peak district).

Here's a few pics:

When she first went plateless
IMG_0540.jpg

GTINI Castlewellan prep
IMG_1462.jpg

Parked up at GTINI Castlewellan with @_Stu_ B5.5 Passat
IMG_1555.jpg

On the Liverpool ferry heading to the peak district for DubFiction
IMG_1687.jpg

The R36 line up, managed to get 9 of them all at the same place!
IMG_1701.jpg

Sitting pretty at DubFiction
IMG_1745.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Very nice! Great to see something different.

Any interior shots?

Would prefer it with the number plate on personally.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Looks fantastic - bet there's some note off it under acceleration.

An exhaust upgrade could be fantastic

diesel-dave

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4/M5/VWTou
I love that, so different. It's not often they aren't a TDI. I'm sure it sounds great with the foot down.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
That's an amazing look car, all the best with it.

I was behind you on the way to GTINI Castlewellan. Has serious road presence.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
That's cool. Well done. Takes big balls to buy something like that in silly petrol engine spec :grinning:

sam_9n

RMS Regular
Lovely! Really fancied an estate one of these, think the fuel cost would kill me though. Maybe in a couple of years.

Exhaust upgrade will make it perfect.

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Class, good to see one of these on here! They sound amazing with an exhaust, definitely do it!

JasonM

RMS Regular
OP
JasonM
Drives
VW Passat R36
Thanks for all the responses guys! Really appreciate it

Very nice! Great to see something different.

Any interior shots?

Would prefer it with the number plate on personally.
Cheers!
Yeah I found some pics from when she was for sale

image1.JPG
image2.JPG

That is lovely! Any pictures of the back?

IMG_1698.JPG

Lovely. Now put the plate back in the correct place, permanently locating it in the windscreen has zero class.
MOT is due soon so front plate will be back on for a while, just prefer the clean front end for shows etc.

Class, good to see one of these on here! They sound amazing with an exhaust, definitely do it!
Exhaust systems for these cars cost a clean fortune but if I can one for a decent price it's definitely happening!

c_rad

RMS Regular
Not usually a massive VW fan, but love how these engines sound! Hard to beat the note they make!

Con S3

RMS Regular
Drives
RRS SVR
I absolutely love these.........so rare. Those seats are fantastic too. First time I have seen the interior of one!! Awesome!

RickyB

RMS Regular
Drives
E3VO X
Looking well Jason!! Glad to see you are keeping it Mint ;) Had such a soft spot for this car and those seats are some of the most comfortable you will ever find!

bennn

RMS Regular
Drives
a bike
I think I've seen this heading into belfast from n'ards road direction a few mornings - definitely caught my eye - the rarity of them and lack of replicas really sets them apart from mk5 r32s! Gorgeous interior

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.