Passat .:R36

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
How is it to run day to day? Was Looking at the Passat CC 3.6's there, a lot of car for the money!

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Always on the lookout for one of these for sale locally. Definitely hard to come by, back end and interior def best bits! Htd looks well in that colour!

JasonM

RMS Regular
OP
JasonM
Drives
VW Passat R36
I think I've seen this heading into belfast from n'ards road direction a few mornings - definitely caught my eye - the rarity of them and lack of replicas really sets them apart from mk5 r32s! Gorgeous interior
Yep that'll be me on the daily commute.

How is it to run day to day? Was Looking at the Passat CC 3.6's there, a lot of car for the money!
Well the fuel economy leaves much to be desired (22mpg to 24mpg average - 30mpg on a longer run) and the £500 annual tax is nasty but as far as I know the v6 CC gets slightly better fuel economy, something to do with gear ratios.

Some noise off these. 3.6 is the eventual plan for my mk3. If you plan to leave it unattended some time I'll nip round with the stihl saw
A mk3 with the 3.6 engine would be epic! Hands off though, this one's mine!!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Awesome! Saw a silver/silverish one a few months back in belfast centre, another saloon.

Love people who go buy something different from the norm TDI's #idontloveyou

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
Very nice, and in the right colour! I love the look of the estates a bit more but wouldn't say no to this.

Never actually had a run in one so if you ever spot me about again, flag me down, before I smoke you in my 3.6 / 2 lol :p

Any more plans? Thought about the skyline rear light mod? I think it looks class, guy on UKPassats sells the kits.

JasonM

RMS Regular
OP
JasonM
Drives
VW Passat R36
Very nice, and in the right colour! I love the look of the estates a bit more but wouldn't say no to this.

Never actually had a run in one so if you ever spot me about again, flag me down, before I smoke you in my 3.6 / 2 lol :p

Any more plans? Thought about the skyline rear light mod? I think it looks class, guy on UKPassats sells the kits.

Haha I'll definitely keep any eye out for the 3.6/2! Same here, if you see me out and about don't be shy lol
Looked into the skyline mod a while ago, I agree it looks class but I don't fancy hacking the taillights apart tbh, have a few vagcom tweaks to do though, U.S. city lights and the donut mod(half skyline mod). On the fence about getting the windows tinted a bit darker, OEM tint is pretty weak.

Last edited:

Smick

RMS Regular
Drives
CLA45
Seen you parked up in coppers mill last night when walking the dog.... thot I recognised the reg. Looks well!

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Thought I recognised this car.....as it is currently sitting outside my house. Lovely note from it.

JasonM

RMS Regular
OP
JasonM
Drives
VW Passat R36
Feel like a bit of a celebrity, thanks guys
Not much of an update on the R36, she passed MOT test at the start of August and is only after a service and DSG oil change. Ordered some pressed plates and VW motorsport plate surrounds so keeping the front plate on for a while.
IMG_2228.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

Parked up at cars and coffee in Connswater beside @_Stu_ Cooper S.

Last edited:
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.