Passat W8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

hannakournikova

RMS Regular
BvCkEXqIMAMGVLG.jpg

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
I absolutely loved my W8! It wasn't the fastest thing on the road and didn't handle like it was on rails but the sound when you floored it!!:p

It looked like a 1.9tdi but turned a few heads when you let it rip!

It wasn't the most economical, averaged 19mpg over the 7 years I had it, but then I only drive 4 miles round trip to work. Some parts are hard to come by, didn't even help that I work in a motor factors, front discs for example, W8 discs aren't used on anything else so VW will relieve you of £250 each even Euro Car Parts will charge nearly £200 each.

I'd still have mine if it wasn't for a customer coming into work waiving money under my nose and my lust for an RS4 Avant. The right RS4 didn't materialise, the W8 went and I made do with a MK6 GTI.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
No saloons, the only saloon I would consider would be a B5 S4.

Alan_B

RMS Regular
Drives
Whatever
If you don't mind something that will go wrong every day, how about a BMW 745? A mate has a 735, and the small list of problems over the last few years -

Both camshafts replaced
Electric handbrake **** itself
Boot hydraulics ****ed
Air bag light (1K bill!!)
Power steering fluid leak
Engine oil leak
Viscous fan stuck on

There was one day it worked though and that day it was pretty decent. I'd rather just set fire to the money though.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
I absolutely loved my W8! It wasn't the fastest thing on the road and didn't handle like it was on rails but the sound when you floored it!!:p

It looked like a 1.9tdi but turned a few heads when you let it rip!

It wasn't the most economical, averaged 19mpg over the 7 years I had it, but then I only drive 4 miles round trip to work. Some parts are hard to come by, didn't even help that I work in a motor factors, front discs for example, W8 discs aren't used on anything else so VW will relieve you of £250 each even Euro Car Parts will charge nearly £200 each.

I'd still have mine if it wasn't for a customer coming into work waiving money under my nose and my lust for an RS4 Avant. The right RS4 didn't materialise, the W8 went and I made do with a MK6 GTI.

Still gutted to have missed your one. I was about to pm you about it as my dad had viewed one that had been for sale that same weekend but it also sold. If that customer ever comes in and hints about selling, can you pm me their details?

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
Still gutted to have missed your one. I was about to pm you about it as my dad had viewed one that had been for sale that same weekend but it also sold. If that customer ever comes in and hints about selling, can you pm me their details?
Will do mate but you might have to fight me for it!! ;)

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
They're slow, thirsty and pretty boring. As said by others I was disappointed, and that was a manual saloon.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
All I care about is the noise and practicality. I'd have it looking like the below too.

image.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.