People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
I didn't think they could clamp a car on privately owned land for no tax.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
I didn't think they could clamp a car on privately owned land for no tax.

example of it happening at a Tesco

A DVLA spokesman said that ten untaxed cars were clamped at Tesco.

He said: "Our national wheelclamping partner, NSL, as part of their day to day operations go to different areas of the country and can clamp any untaxed vehicles seen on the road - they can also clamp any untaxed vehicle that is parked on private land if the keeper has not declared it is off the road (SORN)."

also saw this comment somewhere else

”If the car park (or any car park for that matter) has unrestricted access to or from a 'road' then under the eyes of the law it becomes a 'public highway' and all aspects of road traffic legislation therefore applies. i.e. you can get done for drink driving, disqual driving etc and you can be clamped/immobilised by the authorities.”

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
20220117_123622.jpg

Does this count? Sitting at the pumps at a petrol station in Dungiven eating a burger 🙈

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
IMG_20220117_153425.jpg

Sat and watched a lady park this in not a spot... Not like the place, Tesco Ards, was bunged either as can be seen and she chooses to block the view at a corner.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Same thing this morning - I was getting fuel at BP Saintfield and a woman parked up in the bay next to mine and sauntered on it to buy some Gold biscuits then left - so many spaces everywhere and when i came out to leave, there was a car waiting to get in my spot - if she parked normally, he wouldnt have had to have waited

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
The one that annoys me most is the family bus parked in the family space along with a parent sitting in the drivers seat kids in the back sitting waiting as the passenger is in the shop. It’s nothing but pure laziness.
Engine probably idling too.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
The amount of disabled batch holders parking in mother and baby spots is getting worse and no ****s given either.
Had an argument with a fella one day about him parking outside the shop on a corner, in the snow with regards to the safety of his motor if someone slid into it. He ate the face off me saying he has a blue badge and can park wherever he wants even on curbs, double yellows etc.
Thought to myself, why bother. Just trying to help the man out incase someone run into his car

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Had an argument with a fella one day about him parking outside the shop on a corner, in the snow with regards to the safety of his motor if someone slid into it. He ate the face off me saying he has a blue badge and can park wherever he wants even on curbs, double yellows etc.
Thought to myself, why bother. Just trying to help the man out incase someone run into his car
This is why I don’t try to help strangers anymore. I’ve been screamed at and or threatened for offering help on more than one occasion.

Edit if somebody is obviously ill or injured I’d offer help.