~~ Peugeot 205 1600 GTI Rally Winter Rebuild ~~

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cazzo

RMS Regular
OP
Cazzo
Drives
Vts/VTI/1600.GTi

Well, there has been a lot done since the last update!!

All the paint work has been finished including the trims resprayed black and then fitted,

The interior is built back up and a few other tidy up jobs done,

Next thing was to test the car and run in the engine, so we went to a trackday and put about 70miles on her, to my surprise nothing broke or fell off!! lol

Right time to drive her in anger, so went to our 1st hill of the season and just settled in to things, I was happy to be as close as I was over a year ago with the 1900 engine,

Next hill turned out to be a real good run just beatin by 2tenths for 3rd, I also noticed the back was a bit too soft so had to sort things out before the next event,

Spelga hill started of well but oil on the hill stopped play early and I managed to take 3rd in class!! I'm still not too happy with the back end, on the list of things to do, lol

I dont have any build up pics to update yet so here is some from the last 2 events,

100_2263.jpg

100_2349.jpg

100_2528.jpg

rmsimg77.jpg

rmsimg144.jpg

I'm waiting on all the bits to rebuild the rear beam and some "GoFaster" decals then that should be the wee car finished and ready for next years hills,
but in the mean time I have my old VTS to build for a mate who is doing the hills next year as well,

The VTS pics.... [ame]http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm280/Garage_08/VTs/?start=all[/ame]

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Its turned out well :laughing:

What are you planing to do to the rear end suspension? Just stiffer shock/springs?

Cazzo

RMS Regular
OP
Cazzo
Drives
Vts/VTI/1600.GTi

Cheers Paul,

I'm going for GpN Billies and changing the torsion bars from 19mm to 21mm,
If that doesnt sort it then the ARB can be changed,

I could put in thicker torsion bars but they wouldnt match the front springs and that would upset the handling even more!!,
I would need to change to platforms in the front and up the front spring rates, it's starting to go into big money now lol

Another few weeks should have it sorted, then a trackday to test it, mean time i'm building the saxo,

Cazzo

RMS Regular
OP
Cazzo
Drives
Vts/VTI/1600.GTi

Well it's near coming to an end now after just over a year,

Most of the mechanical things were finished in time to do the last few events this year,

Then the cosmedic/bodywork stage had to be finished, after that I sent the car off to get the decals fitted,

I went for Louise Aitken Walker 1987 Ulster Rally decals as I remember seeing it on the stages when I was a lot younger :p

The pics below are from Neil at Rockvale Graphics who made an awesome job with the decals,

I'll take more pics when the Group A wheels go on and post them up,

Spec84AeroPro065.jpg

^Before^

Spec84AeroPro067.jpg

^During^

pugdecal.jpg

pugdecal2nd.jpg

^After^

It will be a long wait untill the Hills start in May!!!!...... But I have a Vts Saxo to build for next year so that will keep me busy

Cazzo

RMS Regular
OP
Cazzo
Drives
Vts/VTI/1600.GTi

Cheers,

Yeah Neil made a good job of them,

Thats the way the car was run back in '87,

Think the door numbers wouldnt stick/stay on over the mouldings,

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.