Porsche Taycan - any owners ?

Dave..

RMS Regular
Not sure I am ready for an electric car but if I do get one, I would like a Taycan. Does anyone on here own one and if so what is the range like in real driving?

Thanks

e320mark

RMS Regular
Don’t own one but drove one this week, unreal just unreal! The range when I got into it was just over 300, with me running around for 20 mins or so pushing it on
IMG_0659.jpeg
here & there it didn’t drop below 280. Made me want to go electric!

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..
Don’t own one but drove one this week, unreal just unreal! The range when I got into it was just over 300, with me running around for 20 mins or so pushing it on View attachment 435564here & there it didn’t drop below 280. Made me want to go electric!
Thanks, my wife doesn’t think I could cope with the range anxiety 😂.
They are lovely looking cars and for some reason have dropped like a stone in price.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They all do at low speeds. Otherwise people just walk out in front of you. Our first Etron was silent and it was hectic for people just dandering about in front of it. I was fine blasting the horn, Mrs Coog was far too polite and would follow along behind them for ages!

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
This is more an attempt at engine noise IMO. It’s one of the loudest cars that goes past my house, worse than any ICE or other electric car.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Only an idiot would get one of those!

That said I have heard a GTS is a phenomenal device 😉 😜
Only an idiot would get one of those!

That said I have heard a GTS is a phenomenal device 😉 😜

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I couldn’t afford a new one, so it would be hard to sell in a year’s time. Mmm maybe have to look at something else.
If you are paying with your own money, then don't. They are basically all bought on tax subsidised company schemes. Even at the current second hand prices a lot of people would be better off getting a new tax subsidised one, than buying a second hand one worth your own taxed money. So the forecourts are literally littered with them and nobody buys them. And that's without even mentioning the whole "how much battery is left", etc.

They will have to drop a good deal more to compete with a new tax subsidised one. So they likely will.

It's the same with most EV, not just the Taycan.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I think a 2/3 year old Taycan is probably a pretty good buy these days. Extended warranty and you’ve little to worry about.

They have taken such a hammering price wise, but they were too expensive to begin with, so values are just more at their market value now.

I’m interested in a used one next to replace the iX3 at the end of the year, so I’ve been watching prices fairly regularly.

Everyone slates them due to their values dropping so significantly, but anyone I know with one absolutely adores them, they are an absolutely epic EV.

davyk31

RMS Regular
I think a 2/3 year old Taycan is probably a pretty good buy these days. Extended warranty and you’ve little to worry about.

They have taken such a hammering price wise, but they were too expensive to begin with, so values are just more at their market value now.

I’m interested in a used one next to replace the iX3 at the end of the year, so I’ve been watching prices fairly regularly.

Everyone slates them due to their values dropping so significantly, but anyone I know with one absolutely adores them, they are an absolutely epic EV.
Couldn’t agree more 😀

Dave..

RMS Regular
OP
Dave..

I will be paying with my own money as am now retired. I haven’t driven one yet but I think they look great. I would like the estate version.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I will be paying with my own money as am now retired. I haven’t driven one yet but I think they look great. I would like the estate version.

Same boat as myself Dave, although I’m not retired like you old boy! 😛

davyk31

RMS Regular
They are quite low for an old boy to get in and out of, ask me how I know 😀

The Sports Turismo or Cross Turismo are a lot more practical as regards the boot as it’s a hatch. I went ST as I don’t really see any reason to buy the CT as the plastic arches etc don’t really suit the shape to my eyes.

Certainly get a drive in one as the dealers will be more than keen to let you try and I would say you may be very impressed.