Portstewart Prom meeting with Local police

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ricky-GT-Four

Drives
Celica GT Four
The meeting

Jon44W, Triangle cruisers and ourselves cruiseni had a meeting today with the local police about the Portstewart Prom on a Sunday nights.
The local community police involved with the prom don’t want all us cruisers to stop the cruising, all they ask is for us all to obey a few simple rules.
These rules are: -

NO TURNING AT THE HABOUR CORNER, DRIVE TO THE YORK CORNER, TURN RIGHT ONTO HILL ROAD AND THEN RIGHT AGAIN ONTO THE PROMENADE

NO TURNING AT ATLANTIC CIRCLE

DO NOT BLOCK THE ROUNDABOUT AT THE COLERAINE ROAD, CONSIDER ACCESS BY EMERGENCY VECHILES.

DO NOT DOUBLE PARK, NOR STOP ON THE ROAD WHILE DRIVING TO SPEAK TO OTHER DRIVERS/PASSENGERS.

KEEP FOG LIGHTS OFF

DO NOT DRIVE WITH SIDE LIGHTS ONLY ALWAYS USE YOUR HEADLIGHTS

DO NOT USE SUPERSOAKERS

DO NOT SOUND OFF YOUR HORN UNNECESSARILY

CONSIDER THE VOLUME OF YOUR MUSIC SYSTEM AND MODERATE.

DO NOT HANG OUT THE WINDOWS OF THE CAR NOR ALLOW YOUR PASSENGERS TO DO SO EITHER.

When observing the wish list presented by the local authorities from the area, it is easily noticed that they aren’t asking for a lot.
If we don’t listen to what they are trying to tell us there is a good possibility of the police clamping down hard on us, by handing out £30 fines for some illegal parts on your cars, and we all know that most cars have something illegal, weather it be sunstripes or number plates.
As it was said by the police “why should you pay a second tax? We pay enough as it is

So in all fairness the police are doing their part, by tell us what can happen if the problem is resolved. So by right I think we should all have the common courtesy, and listen to what we are being asked to do.

Many Thanks
Ricky

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
It is the conjestion it causes due to bottle necking, put it like this

It is this reason why an ambulance at the start of May cudn't get down the prom. Hardly a nice thing if u r needing one ;)

Jason

RMS Regular
i dont really think making the laps longer will effect the conjestion problem prob the same volume with slightly faster flow of traffic.. suppose it wud make a change!!

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
well they have stopped the turning at these points and this did increase the flow round the prom, despite what most wud think.
Put it like this if the orders come in there will be no portstewart prom, at the end of the Day the police in the meeting said they see nout wrong with going up and down the prom as long as traffic moves the reason it don't move at the moment is ones stoppin for a chat (really ****ing annoying) and turning at the harbour...
Basically we scratch their back and they scartch ours, we ignore and the traffic branch will be down with a ticket book or 3 :confounded:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
well done lads. good to hear, the prom wouldnt be the same without the cars doing laps!

iain

seems like everywere today is gettin hit cos people are takin it for granted (bangor as well), people better get there act together or we'll have no were to go :worried:

Adam

RMS Regular
The traffic there was a joke, it takes about an hour to get to the prom on a busy night and only about 10 minutes to drive through it!

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
Adam said:
The traffic there was a joke, it takes about an hour to get to the prom on a busy night and only about 10 minutes to drive through it!

How true is that

BJ

Banned
God almighty there's some dung posted! :roll:

Sure the cops put up cones to stop folk turning anyway. :?

FPMSL at the usual brown nosers going to the cops and promising not to use waterpistols or sound the horn! :laughing:

Can't remember being asked any night I've been down in the last 13 summers to keep my horn under control (oh er missus) or any of that other rubbish.

I'll follow the cop signs and act normally enough without the need for anyone to speak on my behalf! :p

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
There will be no cop signs ye fool that is the point, if u do not take heed, an order will come down from the ranks and traffic branch will land in with a gods amount of tickets for u and ur horn, and their orders will be book everything, we have been privilaged with the information that if we use the prom correctly this won't happen ;)

It is about educating ppl into takin the right action
and we r not fcking brown nosing the police approached us!!

And talking of dung young lad, if u had any sense u wud have read the thread properly and not of written that reply ;)

vibe25

if we help promote this, we can have an easier life, but the ppl messin will probably have extra fines 2 pay. I for 1 think its a good idea

Barry

RMS Regular
Drives
S14A/A4
Most of those things are simple common sense. It was the people blocking the wee roundabout at the top of the town that always annoyed me the most :twisted: . Hopefully this will put an end to it.

bob

RMS Regular
Am i the only one who can't understand the point of all these PSNI meetings? Sounds bollocks to me :? They're hardly doing us any favours, just repeating what we all know we shouldn't do.

If the polis are as concerned as they say about traffic congestion on the prom then i doubt they'll want to hold it up any more by:

handing out £30 fines for some illegal parts on your cars, and we all know that most cars have something illegal, weather it be sunstripes or number plates.

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
bob said:
Am i the only one who can't understand the point of all these PSNI meetings? Sounds bollocks to me :? They're hardly doing us any favours, just repeating what we all know we shouldn't do.

If the polis are as concerned as they say about traffic congestion on the prom then i doubt they'll want to hold it up any more by:

handing out £30 fines for some illegal parts on your cars, and we all know that most cars have something illegal, weather it be sunstripes or number plates.

Yes they will, cause they know people will stay clear if every coont and his dog is gettin done ;)

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
we are going to get done anyway tbh because unless the police publicise this people who do not use these forums will be firing water pistols and doing the things that u have tried to prevent - are u going to try enforce these rules down on the prom???

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
we r going to take down a copy of the reccomendations and hand out to people

the police are also going to hold a wee session for those that want to know anything as well

And the end of the Day Cruisers r gettin Tarred with the same brush as the ar*eholes that we do not want. What we are trying to say is that the genuine cruisers are responsible enough to follow these guidelines and get the word out to the rest of the ppl.

It is more to do with safety more than anything as an ambulance has been called to portstewart twice since the end of March and was unable to get down the prom!!

if u needed that ambulance what wud u think??

Seriously? It aint fun when u look at it like that.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i understand perfectly wot u have done and the rules and regulations that have been set but im talking about those who are not informed and not responsible!

as long as something is being done to let the other people know then hopefully this will be a success and we can all work together

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
:laughing: yip, we did point out to the police that it is also local kids that r some of the problems as well, supersoakers and eggs. They said they will make sure this point is addressed to

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
good cos those wee ****ers need a hiding! times wens its warm and u want ur window down put ur afraid ud get ur whole interior soaked!

****ers!

BJ

Banned
There will be no cop signs ye fool that is the point,

So how are the folk who don't read forums supposed to know not to turn? :? The turning points have been coned off for years when the traffic gets too congested so why change this?

traffic branch will land in with a gods amount of tickets

Tickets for what,turning legally in a road legal car? :roll:

Face facts,the web site forums who don't organise but promote assing about sessions out at Magheracross have brought this upon everyone! :p

Sites like Triangle cruisers who have "photoshoots" then wrecking sessions which have quite rightly been complained about are now seeing the cops being forced into taking action to curtail this crap!

I'm still curious as to who apart from the cops is going to get the silly girlies to leave their waterpistols at home,keep stereos down and tell folk how to use their lights! :?:

Makes no odds to me because I know how to behave in public and I look forward to some eejit handing me a flyer for education purposes this Sunday! :lol:

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
BJ said:
Makes no odds to me because I know how to behave in public and I look forward to some eejit handing me a flyer for education purposes this Sunday! :lol:

Make sure to introduce urself then, am not hard to miss My name is on me shirt, it is blue with cruiseni on it ;)
Just incase!

but if u have a sunstrip or a personalised number plate, no water in ur washer jets, u will be one of the 1st to get a ticket :laughing:
when I mean the police will come down hard on us i mean it, u think I am postin this for the good of my health?? In ur case I must be for if u can not see the point off it don't bother replyin ;)

and the reason for educating people to use a different routes is to ease conjestion, no signs r going out because ppl move them, this is one of the reasons why this approach is being taken.

Think about it lad, when the orders come in u better believe what regulations they are perpared to nail u on...

They have already started in Coleraine, it is only a matter of time.

Unless we show them than we have the sense to pay heed to what the police are trying to say to us.
They do not want to go down the hard line road but they maybe forced to if things in portstewart don't improve.
That is Fact.... Arsin about in Magherscross is not at issue. It is the prom that is.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.