Portstewart Prom meeting with Local police

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

ReallYMeaN1o6

crusing the port has been going on for years,
y is it only recently that all this has come into action
no matter what u do or were u go not every1s going to abide by these rules,
the circuit mite b a good idea to stop congestion,but not every1 will b bothered with this.
the majority of folk down the port are never on crusing sites so they'll know nothing about this,therefore act the same way they always do so we'll be back to square one
at the end of the day we pay tax and insurance to drive where we want and when we want,as long as we act sensible and our cars are legal the police can do very little!
they shud b out catching boys driving about with illegal cars with no tax mot or insurance in stead of picking on easy targets.

Cormac

RMS Regular
bob said:
Am i the only one who can't understand the point of all these PSNI meetings? Sounds bollocks to me :?

Im with u lad, slight waste of time!

Cormac

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
ReallYMeaN1o6 said:
crusing the port has been going on for years,
y is it only recently that all this has come into action
no matter what u do or were u go not every1s going to abide by these rules,
the circuit mite b a good idea to stop congestion,but not every1 will b bothered with this.
the majority of folk down the port are never on crusing sites so they'll know nothing about this,therefore act the same way they always do so we'll be back to square one
at the end of the day we pay tax and insurance to drive where we want and when we want,as long as we act sensible and our cars are legal the police can do very little!
they shud b out catching boys driving about with illegal cars with no tax mot or insurance in stead of picking on easy targets.

Am sorry but u r missing the point, how legal is ur car?
U wud be surprised :?

As for the reason why this is coming about now, basically Amublance's can not get down the prom, 2 cases of this since the end of March.
The complaints about the prom have got to a stage where, councillers and MLA's are writing complaints to the top brass of the PSNI, this has never happened b4, now the police r hoping that if we can get the word out among the website cruisers that eventually the word of mouth will spread among the non website cruisers of the prom. Now at present we are working with the portstewart community relations police, they are very civil and basically are trying to stop the heavy handed approach comming, but if we do not try summit portstewart and other crusing areas will go.
Then cruisers will be treated the same way as they are in some counties of england, where we are considered a public nuisense, which is a fineable offence.

At the end of the day the ball is in our court, it is up to us to try!!

Gobsheene

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini&Corolla
ill only say one thing.... what percentage of people wont have head of this due to not having the internet etc

And realisticaly if your mate said oh your not allowd to turn there anymore cos the police asked us nicely not to, your gonna look at them like they have 3 heads, and tell them to wind their neck in.

We'll see what happens

cruiser4life

RMS Regular
Drives
Astra GSi Turbo/
if these rules work properly then im all 4 it, trying to get anywhere in portstewart on a sunday nite is a joke, if it increases traffic flow then lets go with it. its probably the only way we will be able to keep cruising the port, it would be sh*t if we werent able to.

vibe25

not kno about u bj, but i would rather get down the prom in 5 minutes rather than 25-30 minutes.
If we can all do some simples rules this just mite happen

Dermot

So due to this meeting its now illegal to have your Sidelights on and 2 do 3 point turns... (I think they would need to take this off the driving test now)

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
It is at night or during low light, and yes repeated 3 point turns comes down to a public nusience which is fineable as well

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
was down the port there 2nite and ive never met a bigger bunch of "R" driving ****ers in my life - stormin up and down the stretch of road wifout a care and the amount of dickheads out 2nite wif w water guns was serious!

my mate and on separate ocasions got blasted in the face lol

the police were down a couple of times but did **** all!!

was tempted to fone them up to remind them bout ur so called meeting!

smokey 1

RMS Regular
Sounds like a whole load of tripe to me.

Meeting with the police is a big waste of time. There is no way (unless you are going to bribe them) you are going to get everyone to behave on the prom. In fact the more you ask people to calm down, the more madness will take place.

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
Boydie said:
was down the port there 2nite and ive never met a bigger bunch of "R" driving ****ers in my life - stormin up and down the stretch of road wifout a care and the amount of dickheads out 2nite wif w water guns was serious!

my mate and on separate ocasions got blasted in the face lol

the police were down a couple of times but did f**k all!!

was tempted to fone them up to remind them bout ur so called meeting!

They did more than u think, one or two will be very sick puppies in the next couple of weeks ;)

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
smokey 1 said:
Sounds like a whole load of tripe to me.

Meeting with the police is a big waste of time. There is no way (unless you are going to bribe them) you are going to get everyone to behave on the prom. In fact the more you ask people to calm down, the more madness will take place.

So far that appears to be true, but in the end they will only shoot themselves in the foot and I for one will stand there and laugh then point O' and laugh some more :lol:

BJ

Banned
So what time did the the distribution of educational pamphlets start? :?:

Was there till 9PM and saw nothing different happening.
Why can the cops not string up those stupid bitches in the grey 106 who started the whole water crap! :x

FFS there were blokes near 30 running round like gimps with waterpistols yesterday evening,mind you it wasn't as sad as when he was driving round with PVD "for an angel" up full pelt while driving a certain bling bling M3 convertible from Cookstown direction! :roll: :laughing:

PT 4 Rover,you drive a standard blue Rover 25?

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
BJ said:
PT 4 Rover,you drive a standard blue Rover 25?

Na a silver Rover 200 3dr ;)

We will be down next sunday along with the police as well they will be about... U have to give us time to get **** sorted lol

As for the clowns on sunday, there was video camera footage taken of the offenders ;)

BJ

Banned
As for the clowns on sunday, there was video camera footage taken of the offenders

Seriously what does that mean,the water muppets are annoying but what can the cops do about it? :?

Never get soaked myself as it seems to be just the "yoofs" who bother with the wet T shirt stuff! :roll:

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
did they catch the water bomb throwin *******s???!!!!

imo for this to work there has to be a cop car of some sort present to set this in motion

pt 4 rover - ill keep my eye out for u next week!

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
BJ said:
Seriously what does that mean,the water muppets are annoying but what can the cops do about it? :?

They are a public nusicance which is a fineable and arrestable offence :?

Forest

RMS Regular
Drives
Import scooby wr
ur nose brown enuf yet. this is a real joke. cant see this working at all. you all know my veiw on police! which young andy warned me on already. get a fine its your own fault. would it not suit them better decommissioning guns off Paramilitaries than water pistols off cruisers..

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
Forest said:
ur nose brown enuf yet. this is a real joke. cant see this working at all. you all know my veiw on police! which young andy warned me on already. get a fine its your own fault. would it not suit them better decommissioning guns off Paramilitaries than water pistols off cruisers..

U have met me, does my nose look brown to you lad???

and as for water pistols if u get ur head unit soaked by some spotty faced 17 year old in a shed of a nova what u gonna do??

Ricky-GT-Four

OP
R
Drives
Celica GT Four
Boydie said:
did they catch the water bomb throwin *******s???!!!!

imo for this to work there has to be a cop car of some sort present to set this in motion

pt 4 rover - ill keep my eye out for u next week!

Unfortunately I won't be there, I have a to be some where else.... was actually looking forward to meeting one or 2 but the other boys shud be down

smokey 1

RMS Regular
PT 4 Rover said:
and as for water pistols if u get ur head unit soaked by some spotty faced 17 year old in a shed of a nova what u gonna do??

Slap them round a bit.

Normally does the trick.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.