Pot hole locations.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Just thought this would be worthwhile based on the current shocking state of the roads.

Ones I am aware of.

Ballyblack road towards Carrowdore.

Two really bad ones on each side of the road close to the turning for Corries farm shop.

Close to the top of Church road, Holywood. Travelling towards Craigantlet.

Mackers91

RMS Regular
I mostly thinking about ones so bad, serious damage is going to happen if you hit it.

I appreciate they are everywhere, but a lot are not going to cause any damage.

Any serious ones you see report them to DFI if they are over a certain depth/size they'll be logged for emergency repairs.

More useful spending the time doing that than posting them on here tbh.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
Any serious ones you see report them to DFI if they are over a certain depth/size they'll be logged for emergency repairs.

More useful spending the time doing that than posting them on here tbh.

So every serious pot hole is registered on the DFI site?

Mackers91

RMS Regular
So every serious pot hole is registered on the DFI site?

No not registered as in you can't go and see where they are. You can log them on the site and they will be inspected/repaired depending on the seriousness of them.

But in the time it takes to post them in here and maybe help 1 or 2 people you could have it logged on the site and help 100's 👍

David19

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk7. 5 GTIPP
Just thought this would be worthwhile based on the current shocking state of the roads.

Ones I am aware of.

Ballyblack road towards Carrowdore.

Two really bad ones on each side of the road close to the turning for Corries farm shop.

Close to the top of Church road, Holywood. Travelling towards Craigantlet.
Think I've hit all of them lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
I've reported quite a lot via that site and they are typically inside a couple of days lashing tar into the hole. Worth reporting.

All of the ones I have mentioned are on that site, some from mid December.

I’m actually surprised they haven’t caused an accident yet, as you have to pull into the middle of the road to avoid them.

Hit one of them and you are looking at new tyres and wheels.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
There is a great big pothole/crater just as you come off the dropped curb leaving Euro-car parts in Mallusk, I didn’t see it as I was too busy navigating the drive/pavement that looks like the face of the moon and smashed the lip spoiler on the 1series. Pretty raging tbf!

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
They marked our road the other week. Huge hole on the left marked. Bigger one on the right (single track road) they filled the left never touched the one on the right. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
All of the ones I have mentioned are on that site, some from mid December.

I’m actually surprised they haven’t caused an accident yet, as you have to pull into the middle of the road to avoid them.

Hit one of them and you are looking at new tyres and wheels.

Those carrowdore ones are already on WAZE sat-nav,
If inused back roads I’d be keeping WAZE on all the time!

IMG_0600.jpeg

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
They marked our road the other week. Huge hole on the left marked. Bigger one on the right (single track road) they filled the left never touched the one on the right. Makes absolutely zero sense.

Makes zero sense to you I know, but it's the wonderful system that is the problem here.

Contractor is issued job cards stating exact location of defect, and that is all they would get paid for.
I've seen it countless times landing out and how the marked area was only picked out baffles me, but that is the joys of it.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
There is a horrific one at the brow of this hill on the left hand side at the road edge as you come into Carnreagh outside Hillsborough, caught me out a cracker and let off a HUGE bang. Thankfully no damage and its now on the mental list

1704708122079.png

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Makes zero sense to you I know, but it's the wonderful system that is the problem here.

Contractor is issued job cards stating exact location of defect, and that is all they would get paid for.
I've seen it countless times landing out and how the marked area was only picked out baffles me, but that is the joys of it.

Spent a bit of time last night and reported about 15 that I could place off the top of my head close by. I'll be on that site as much as rms soon 🤣

DJMCA

RMS Regular
Big one right at the traffic lights @ Asda Dundonald, heading Ards direction.

Few really rough patches heading the same way at Carrowreagh Road junction

Roads are a fecking state everywhere atm

Nigelo

RMS Regular
Some of these are coming round for the 2nd or 3rd time now - they've been repaired previously, but now it's disintegrated.

Dread to think what the Green Rd, Bangor, will be like in 2 years considering they've just dug a trench the full length of it, rashly thrown in a load of tar to repair it, and its a shoddy looking thing already. And it was not too bad to now. 8-(

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love using Waze for avoiding potholes, definitely saved me a few times on the mainland and in Europe!

If only more people would use it over here, handy for police and traffic etc as well.

There's a cracker on the Ballynahinch to Downpatrick Rd at the minute only just seen it at last minute and came round corner to 2 cars parked with 2 left hand punctures.

And @Lyons @PeteMoore have yous managed to avoid the one in Drumlough? We were doing so well until she clattered through it in the Range Rover ffs 😂 @G N K also has previous through it 😂😂

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Love using Waze for avoiding potholes, definitely saved me a few times on the mainland and in Europe!

If only more people would use it over here, handy for police and traffic etc as well.

There's a cracker on the Ballynahinch to Downpatrick Rd at the minute only just seen it at last minute and came round corner to 2 cars parked with 2 left hand punctures.

And @Lyons @PeteMoore have yous managed to avoid the one in Drumlough? We were doing so well until she clattered through it in the Range Rover ffs 😂 @G N K also has previous through it 😂😂

Aye, usually stick to the right of it unless there’s a car coming, otherwise get a wheel between in and the verge. Harder with a trailer on though!

The wee patch further up the hill heading towards Dromara is getting bad too.