Pot hole locations.

DJMCA

RMS Regular
So the Mrs and i ended up walking up and down the dual carriageway section through Dundonald last night like ****ing tools. Bottom of my catch can decided to exit the party and flew off on the way home from work, found it thankfully!

What im getting to is that i didnt actually notice how many and how really deep the ruts and potholes are on that section of road. Theres a rut just @ Charles Hurst and its about 15ft long, 1ft wide (near the centre line) and no joke its about 4-5" deep in places. Never noticed it before and i drive that road everyday.

Just goes to show how easy it is to hit one at any speed.

Edit: Just noticed they are reported on the above map posted by Rigger

richie_mck

RMS Regular
I got caught out by this just before Christmas. A puddle a the side of the road pushed me closer to the middle and I clipped the corner of the cats eye and burst a 1 month old tyre. Luckily the wife was at home and was able to come and collect me to fetch a spare wheel.

View attachment 421906

View attachment 421907

Compensation issued last week. 4 weeks including Christmas/new year to turn it round. If I’m honest I didn’t expect to get the money back at all.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Who's touting/watching this 🤣

Just seen belfast live running a story about potholes.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Good to see its getting press. Strange just when it picks up traction on here who's telling who 🤣

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Could have been off the back of the national BBC News story on it over the last week and they've just copied it. It's not as if Belfast Live is a bastion of excellent, creative journalism.

workman

RMS Regular
Castle Park Road, Bangor, specifically the left hand side from the top entrance down to the turn off to the leisure centre. This stretch of road has gotten so bad that unless resurfacing is carried soon, out I think it'll not be passable; worst bit of tarmac I've to drive over.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
1000065100.jpg

What depth is the pot hole sir.
How deep do you build the top layer... yeah about that 🙄

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I see they filled in a stinker on the Gilnahirk Road which caught both my wife and I out a couple of times and just stuck a cone ontop - this thing directly in line with the passenger side wheel so traffic comes to a stop to get round it or plow through it

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I see they filled in a stinker on the Gilnahirk Road which caught both my wife and I out a couple of times and just stuck a cone ontop - this thing directly in line with the passenger side wheel so traffic comes to a stop to get round it or plow through it

Update - they hadn't filled in it, just a cone set literally in it and white lines spread on the corners, had to come to complete stop yesterday due to on coming traffic to get round it

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
Massive pothole Belfast bound on the hillhall road this morning - counted six cars scattered down the road after it, two of which had front left punctures

Attachments

• IMG_9207.png
    IMG_9207.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9208.png
    IMG_9208.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Massive pothole Belfast bound on the hillhall road this morning - counted six cars scattered down the road after it, two of which had front left punctures
Hillhall is awful at the moment. And surrounding roads - up through Drumbo, mealough road, etc. I drive that way every day and it's getting harder and harder to avoid them.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
About time

1707763674300.png

According to the report, they fix 7000 potholes a month - but surely if that was the case, then 25,000 reports in a year would be easily sorted even if they were also fixing the backlog?

Chris100

RMS Regular
OP
Chris100
Drives
718 T
About time

View attachment 424991

According to the report, they fix 7000 potholes a month - but surely if that was the case, then 25,000 reports in a year would be easily sorted even if they were also fixing the backlog?

Great, but they actually need to repair them properly.

The two they “repaired” down by me about 3 weeks ago are already opening up again.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Dug a hole for cabling filled it. 4 times it needed fixed in under 2 weeks First fix lasted a day.

As said they need to fix them once and be done with it but they'll only patch them and a good rain nearly washes them back out. Won't be long till they spray the stones on the road too 🙄

a4turbos

RMS Regular
How much are they paying contractors to repair the holes? Im sure they are paid well and the contract doesnt say, use a bag of cold fill tar and whack it down....

If the holes reappear after a short space of time then the contractors should be held to account.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am not jumping to the defence of the contractors but there will be a cure time for the tarmac/whatever - I am sure within minutes there are cars/lorries/buses driving over/near it disturbing the cure

Since paying attention to this thread, I am seeing so many potholes on my daily commute, its getting mental