Potential RMS Beginners Trackway : 8th June 1pm onwards. I

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ryan L

RMS Regular
Drives
SV650 minitwin
Fantastic day's craic.

Cheers to Murf and his dad for putting it on!

Agreed, that Aprilia sounds epic.

Fabio's got the lines, v twin is the only way to go!

genman

G
PS. that yoke of yours Terry gets, best sound of the day.

thanks...next time out i'll stick the can on the Tuono...you guys talked me into popping the baffle out.
Its hard to tell on the bike what it sounds like...besides loud and soprty.
lots of bikes sounded sweet....classic racer in my group was a sight to behold and smell...2 stroke yum yum...not that i got to sit behind him for long...some very fast riders in the 'slow' group.

when's the next day Murf

genman

G
Anyone else's forehead look like a plum...definitely a cap next time if the sun's out.

genman

G
i know today wasn't about lap times but even so i just checked the video i took..
Started out session 1 doing 1:22 or so then the rest of the day at a relatively comfy 1:15 every lap...pretty much equalling my best from 10 years ago so i'm chuffed.
I know that not exactly quick but unlike 10 years ago it wasn't a 1 off lap...managed 16 laps all within a second of each other between 2 sessions.

I didn't know Suzuki made lawnmowers...lucky the grass was pretty dry.

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000
got a load of go pro footage i was doing 1.05s happy enuff with that considering the cooked brakes

i'll throw up a couple of vids later

genman

G
That's motoring on nicely...doubt there's another 10s in me to shave off.
I can see from the video were I'm slow compared to others in my group but just can't see me having the confidence to push it that bit more even if the bikes capable of it...never expected to hit 145 on the back straight....good clean fun.

genman

G
Nice...they really show where I'm loosing time. Bike looks to pull really well.

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000
Only realising how early my shift light is set lol

Need to get my brakes sorted before the next 1

geraldo-46

RMS Regular
Drives
Gsxr1000
1.05 is going some round that place. what group did you end up in?

ended up in the fast group tbh didnt mean to end up in that group.. that was the 1st time in the fast group im usually a yellow/green man lol but got lots of clear laps so was happy enuff

yeah was happy with 1.05s with my brakes giving up and the short shifting

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
i went out in the fast group and down the back straight i was flat and a zx10 went past me still trying to keep the fecking wheel down:imp:. holy shat

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
A few pictures of the sofa that Damien McNamara got on the trackday.

IMG_54529463967322_zpsp4uarieu.jpeg

13411666_966006453516563_2070437776492444768_o_zpsfe6rlowx.jpg

Roll on the next one

genman

G
Trackday 1.jpg
was that the guy lying in the grass...cool pics...do we all have those scary eyes when on track

We're all on his Facebook page with a nice video of most of the gang

My lazy approach to corners...use the tyre but don't move

Last edited by a moderator:

fabiostar

RMS Regular
Drives
better than using your head terry.. fair dos that you took that bike out at all. takes balls i wouldnt take it near a track incase lol(y)

n3il

RMS Regular
Drives
CRXvtec/vtis
Had a brilliant day, only thing was I was left wanting more.. Got the knee down on the last 20 minute session which was the aim for the day. It was my first track day on the bike so I started off a bit cautiously, letting off at the pits for debtors in the first two sessions and way too early for the hairpin, but by the time I got my braking points my time was up. Solid time of 1.15 at the end of the day compared to 1.30 odds when I first went out.
13344737_966006096849932_1127349420320375182_n.jpg

Last edited:

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Brilliant day all round. Worlds apart from the Sunday madness days. So relaxed, much nicer bunch of lads, and a lot more space and time on track. Also got time to get the knee down for the 1st!

One pic of me nearly there ☺️

image.png

genman

G
better than using your head terry.. fair dos that you took that bike out at all. takes balls i wouldnt take it near a track incase lol(y)
its just a bike and in the end if i had a cheaper carefree bike i'd maybe take risks too often and hurt myself....as things stand i ride well within what my bikes can do simply because 1...i've limited skills 2..i hear crashes hurt.
others had more costly bikes on track...fresh zx10r and s1000rr for example and these bikes are made to do just this sort of thing anyway.
I reckon taking the likes of yours and your mates SMT takes more balls.

genman

G
i'm hoping theres a chance of 1 of these a month...I won't do the Sunday ones based on a few scare stories of riders who think its their track to do what they want.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.