R53 Dark Silver Cooper S

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

killerzkurtz

RMS Regular
Drives
07 cooper s
43 felt old on Saturday morning after a night on the gargle!
I've been trying to get Mrs. Deezer to go for the Clubman but she wants another hatch. Sticking with MINI as she likes driving them. She wasn't keen on driving any of the BMWs. Quite fancy a British Racing Green one this time but I think beggars can't be choosers and I have to take what's available in my budget given there aren't a lot of them about.
Hahahahahhaha
That's why I don't drink
Once in a while i have a few but f8ck me I pay big time afterwards
Am only 27
Same boat here
The other half just will not drive a bigger car!
I'd love a m3 or a VXR but she wouldn't go near it!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
So the stripping has started. @AIRFORCE1 had it today to remove the coilovers, camber plates, rear control arms, JCW brakes and the Intercooler. Excellent service as usual from JA (y) Hopefully get the dash swapped along with the JCW handbrake and gear knob on Saturday. I'll remove the Alpine HU and replace it with the standard one at the same time as some of the dash needs to come out to remove it.
I'll swap the mirror caps over too (back to white) and then give the S Spoke wheels a clean and decide if it's worth getting them refurbished prior to selling. Had my doubts on the way home as to whether I was doing the right thing as I was so close to finishing it but the decision is made.
Debating if the Superleggeras would suit a Clubman or if I'd be better selling them on.

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
I'd hold fire on selling wheels till you get the Clubman, then decide if you like them on not. Guess it depends on the colour of clubman you get.
Prentices have a red Cooper S clubman in their used car line up at the moment.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I'd hold fire on selling wheels till you get the Clubman, then decide if you like them on not. Guess it depends on the colour of clubman you get.
Prentices have a red Cooper S clubman in their used car line up at the moment.

Saw that but a bit out of my budget at £15k but it is a Factory JCW. All depends really on how much this goes for too. Can't decide on wheels at all.

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Yeah price was a bit on the strong side.
I'm starting to look at r56 Cooper S's now myself, and it's all your fault! Lol don't know why, but it is. :grinning:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Yeah price was a bit on the strong side.
I'm starting to look at r56 Cooper S's now myself, and it's all your fault! Lol don't know why, but it is. :grinning:

Haha! A chili red R56S passed me last night on my way to Carrick and it looked really well. Haven't ruled out a hatch but got my heart set on a van

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Haha! A chili red R56S passed me last night on my way to Carrick and it looked really well. Haven't ruled out a hatch but got my heart set on a van

Yeah, choice would be Silver Grey or chilli Red, both with Black roof and a JCW kit with some nice extras.

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
The r50/53 get away with 16's better, don't think they look as good on the r56.
If you get a FJCW, I'd stick with the standard wheels and just a drop then.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Sold the GRS Intercooler, JCW Dash, JCW Gear Knob, JCW Brakes and Alpine HU today. Need to swap the dash and HU out tomorrow but 45 minutes should sort that. Not much left to sell now, just the rear lights (need a deep 10mm socket) and Superleggeras. The new car kitty is filling up nicely. I had the top mounts sold too but one of the studs has stripped the thread in one of the plates (done during the alignment). So the options are, sell them for less and the buyer can use a bolt instead of a stud, replace the plate for 50 Euro or buy 2 new plates for 100 Euro that will fit the Clubman. I still have the KWs and adjustable rear arms.
I've to pick up a top half of an airbox and filter from MINI to replace the Orranje Stealth CAI and then it can be sold on too. I may stick the rear wiper on too in case not having one would put potential buyers off?
I'll still replace all the front door card clips and screws seeing as I've bought them anyway. The car still looks really well on the standard suspension with the chunky tyres too.

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
I have a Standard Airbox , I think. I'm in Ards

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I have a Standard Airbox , I think. I'm in Ards

I was just back from picking one up from Bavarian when you posted this. They're not dear anyway.

Managed to get a few things done today.
Swapped the Orranje Stealth CAI out for a standard air box lid and air filter

FDC08281-3802-490D-B62D-825CE3D64169_zpsauqwcc2m.jpg

4588C979-12E4-48E6-B201-B4F229FE5BFA_zpsvvu620j1.jpg

Standard air filter

9BED6908-5CC6-47C4-ACCF-D2D98BC95253_zps2eprmsqu.jpg

Also replaced the gear knob and handbrake handle with the standard ones

B1F351D1-0DEC-4FCD-8037-5234E1FA7146_zpsoensrhmv.jpg

And the factory HU and swapped the carbon fibre dash out for satin black

2373C1DD-F546-4EC8-92F0-E80E5F7D4000_zps94yfkjrs.jpg

Changed the mirror caps back to white. Still looks well (apart from the wheel gap) though.

AD00B364-23BA-4268-9125-648167BF6394_zpsnwf4e8tc.jpg

F2A0B3B9-B8A3-4030-8FB8-9167E494038C_zpss7zogcit.jpg

Tomorrow's tasks are to fit the new kick plates and bonnet & boot badges. It'll need a good clean inside and out and I'll get some pics for selling.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Forgot Mrs. Deezer was out tonight so after the Heineken Cup was over I nipped out and did the rear badge

Manky old one

9AD7D6A0-08B0-40AA-B274-C80E0ADFCB91_zpsqrx5x5w6.jpg

Removed

6417E614-CC96-48F3-9697-0105778618B4_zpslbxrjkrj.jpg

New shiney one

12411460-C48A-4B33-AC87-91A149AEFC94_zpseoc4gmw1.jpg

Also did the kick plates

Before

F9AD02F1-32EB-4840-9809-6F4890FB5EB5_zps6wqejr6p.jpg

After (still got the protective cellophane on that's why they're blue)

2D9C6F06-E2A7-4BEF-AB4D-576A3D036A8A_zpsuluwqvma.jpg

Door card clips and screws are the last thing to sort. Hopefully if it's dry for an hour tomorrow I'll get that sorted.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
It was dry (ish) this morning so stripped the drivers door card off to sort the fitment issues out.
There's 4 screws that secure the door card on as well as the usual plastic poppers. The screws go into plastic expanding nuts and these were done

Bit of a pain to get out so ended up giving them a buzz with a drill.
New ones in

Did the same for the 3 expanding nuts for the door handle and replaced the 3 screws too.

Probably due to the plastic nuts being goosed, someone had replaced one of the screws with this, tidy!

Replaced all 4 screws with new ones, replaced all the poppers for new anti-rattle ones and refitted the door card. Job done.

I think not having a rear wiper would put potential buyers off so re-fitted it.

Just need to swap the wheels now but the S Spokes need a good clean and I need some more wheel cleaner. I'll get the Superleggeras cleaned properly, give them a coat of sealant and get them listed in the classifieds.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Got away from work an hour early so decided to swap the rear lights out. Had a blown brake light anyway.

Old ones back in

00BF4421-80BD-488A-91E6-2A97E95D87EE_zps9jd4my3q.jpg

Next was the S Spokes. They were filthy! Had to get the IronX out

EEEA553E-4B79-4D60-ADD6-E9654C97EBC9_zps9er42rry.jpg

2001D621-7C08-47EF-B833-2CDC53184B01_zpsj2rj5qcl.jpg

18BB70D7-84CA-4E47-820E-CB4C216F09CB_zpsttneloyh.jpg

They came up not bad but really could do with a refurb, not sure whether it's worth the expense though for selling?

D5E27358-5897-41C0-A229-FC44F7719596_zpsjmodcqos.jpg

I'll get them swapped over tomorrow if it's dry and give the OZ's a clean.

killerzkurtz

RMS Regular
Drives
07 cooper s
Got away from work an hour early so decided to swap the rear lights out. Had a blown brake light anyway.

Old ones back in

00BF4421-80BD-488A-91E6-2A97E95D87EE_zps9jd4my3q.jpg

Next was the S Spokes. They were filthy! Had to get the IronX out

EEEA553E-4B79-4D60-ADD6-E9654C97EBC9_zps9er42rry.jpg

2001D621-7C08-47EF-B833-2CDC53184B01_zpsj2rj5qcl.jpg

18BB70D7-84CA-4E47-820E-CB4C216F09CB_zpsttneloyh.jpg

They came up not bad but really could do with a refurb, not sure whether it's worth the expense though for selling?

D5E27358-5897-41C0-A229-FC44F7719596_zpsjmodcqos.jpg

I'll get them swapped over tomorrow if it's dry and give the OZ's a clean.

Man I understand you taking the after market parts off the car and returning it back to way you got it
but to refurb the wheel on car your going to sell is crazy! It's money you'll never get back
Anyone who reads this thread could see you look after your cars

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Man I understand you taking the after market parts off the car and returning it back to way you got it
but to refurb the wheel on car your going to sell is crazy! It's money you'll never get back
Anyone who reads this thread could see you look after your cars

Yeah, it's money I won't get back but could possibly help with selling - I'll sleep on it.

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Yeah I'd hold fire, if its a last resort to make the deal then maybe, but I'd leave them as they are.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.