R56 Factory John Cooper Works

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
OP
Lauren_E
Drives
MINI JCW
Haven't updated this in ages with the main focus on the R53. Not a great deal happening yet. Milestone of 85k miles just before it was taken off the road for the winter.
Managed to grab a set of new genuine Mini alcantara gaiters (excuse the dirty rubber mat :joy:)
IMG_0983.JPG

Then after much looking and debating I finally pulled the trigger and got a JCW Carbon spoiler
IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0962.JPG

Last but not least fitted a GFB DV+. This is an uprated diverter valve, much better than OEM.
IMG_0989.JPG

fullsizeoutput_4ab.jpeg

While the air intake pipe was off thought it would be a good idea to inspect the turbo. Looking any excuse to go a hybrid turbo, unfortunately (or fortunately) the turbo was in great condition with no move in the shaft

Dave..

RMS Regular
Haven't updated this in ages with the main focus on the R53. Not a great deal happening yet. Milestone of 85k miles just before it was taken off the road for the winter.
Managed to grab a set of new genuine Mini alcantara gaiters (excuse the dirty rubber mat :joy:)
View attachment 184438

Then after much looking and debating I finally pulled the trigger and got a JCW Carbon spoiler
View attachment 184439

View attachment 184440

Last but not least fitted a GFB DV+. This is an uprated diverter valve, much better than OEM.
View attachment 184441

View attachment 184442

While the air intake pipe was off thought it would be a good idea to inspect the turbo. Looking any excuse to go a hybrid turbo, unfortunately (or fortunately) the turbo was in great condition with no move in the shaft
Hi Lauren the car looks great, although not sure about the new spoiler.......must be an age thing. :p

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
OP
Lauren_E
Drives
MINI JCW
Yeah I know what you mean about the spoiler. I was in two minds about fitting it, but when I got it on I liked it. Still have the original spoiler if I change my mind :p

Dave..

RMS Regular
Yeah I know what you mean about the spoiler. I was in two minds about fitting it, but when I got it on I liked it. Still have the original spoiler if I change my mind :p
Great to be young,..........................

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
OP
Lauren_E
Drives
MINI JCW
Decided I needed the GP Diffuser fitted to balance the back of the car up after fitting the spoiler. Picked it up from Prentice's on Saturday and fitted it this morning. Fairly straight forward job which I think makes a big difference to the look of the car.
IMG_1057.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

I pretty much have the outside of the car the way I want it. Just needs a wheel refurb now with a set of Yoko AD08Rs

Dave..

RMS Regular
Decided I needed the GP Diffuser fitted to balance the back of the car up after fitting the spoiler. Picked it up from Prentice's on Saturday and fitted it this morning. Fairly straight forward job which I think makes a big difference to the look of the car.
View attachment 185520

View attachment 185521

View attachment 185522

I pretty much have the outside of the car the way I want it. Just needs a wheel refurb now with a set of Yoko AD08Rs
Looks great Lauren, the diffuser does balance the spoiler out.

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
OP
Lauren_E
Drives
MINI JCW
So a little update. Been driving it pretty much all summer due to the good weather and have to say have really enjoyed it. At the start of the summer I decided I was fed up resetting the EML light due to the sports cat so sent it down to get it mapped out. While it was there I decided it was rude not to do it properly so a custom remap followed with the the pops and bangs added in sport mode. It honestly feels like a new car and the added low down torque has transformed it. Stopped in a lay-by passing Spelga for a photo on the way home
fullsizeoutput_876.jpeg

One thing the R56 has always been let down on is the lack of any sort of temperature gauge. An Ultragauge was ordered and fitted so at least I can keep an eye on things.
IMG_2555.JPG

Last on the list was the Genuine JCW Carbon Fibre mirrors. I had been after a set for some time but any that come up were in poor condition. Managed to come across a set in immaculate condition so they were promptly fitted today
IMG_2551.JPG

IMG_2556.JPG

Only have another month before it gets taken off the road for winter at end of October so will just enjoy driving it for now then next Spring will get the wheels refurbed and new Yoko AD08R put on.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
What a stunning machine.

You keep it immaculate and the right mods have been chosen and make such a lovely difference

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
This looks excellent, loads of nice touches. I’ve always fancied one but think I’ve missed that window in life!

What’s the craic with all the Minis round your house?

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
It looks like a bit of a family addiction. I’m going to order one of those ultra gauge things - saw a pic of one on, I think is it Hutchys track Mini on Instagram but had forgotten about it until now.