Race Red S550 Mustang GT Shadow Edition

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks great Mark. Looking forward to seeing how It finishes up (y).

Would be interested to see it with your short front grill.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM

Thanks Ian, I’ve ordered a standard font short plate(390mm), also one of the sticky reuseable static plates, I think it stands out enough on the road without trying to run no plate at all lol
Hard to photo but I really like the crease line down the centre, it does make it difficult to fit a plate properly though
E25D76AE-D37B-425D-97B3-A413401DECE5.jpeg

And @Todd you may be right lol but so far I’ve not given the M4 a second thought! I think I’ve done the right thing :grinning:

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Thanks Ian, I’ve ordered a standard font short plate(390mm), also one of the sticky reuseable static plates, I think it stands out enough on the road without trying to run no plate at all lol
Hard to photo but I really like the crease line down the centre, it does make it difficult to fit a plate properly though
View attachment 350324

And @Todd you may be right lol but so far I’ve not given the M4 a second thought! I think I’ve done the right thing :grinning:
Haha, I’m only messing. Your M4 was perfect, but as you said, theres plenty more cars out there to try! Must get a nosey around this sometime.

tj hooker

RMS Regular
Drives
evo 8

Hi Mark.

Your New toy looks cool. I can't wait to see the bits and pieces you will put on it to make it your own.
I total agree with one of your first mods removing the rear badge. It was definitely far to big.lol
When you plan to burn off the old tyres using the line lock please give me a shout.
Good luck with your new toy...T.J

dh1079

RMS Regular
Drives
loads
About time , been waiting on this thread,
Car looks awesome and touches you’ve already made complimenting it really well, look forward to updates as you tweak things to your taste , health to slide

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
View attachment 350324

Vinyl 1?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
They’re foam backed, look almost standard thickness but they just cling to smooth surfaces, hopefully they’ll stick to ppf lol

Sorry, I meant what about a vinyl 1, would get round the crease.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Time to bore you all with another members car thread!
I know 99.68% of you will think I’m lacking brain cells for selling the M4 for a Ford, I’ve never been a badge snob or loyal to a manufacturer, I just buy what turns me on :oops: I had the M4 for 3.5 years which is plenty for me, it was a faultless fabulous machine imo but it was time to try new things.

2018 Mustang GT 5.0 Fastback 12098 miles

Shadow edition includes

19” exclusive black painted wheels

Black styling pack, bonnet stripes, lower door stripes, pony and 5.0 logos in gloss black

Heated and cooled seats

Sync3 nav system

Shaker pro 12 speaker audio with 8” boot mounted sub

Brembo 6 pots

Line lock function

Launch control

LSD

Auto headlamps/wipers

Rear view cam

6 speed manual gearbox

£155 a year to tax!!!!!

Last Friday we got on a plane, taxi, couple of trains and finally met by the dealer who brought us back to the forecourt….

View attachment 350253
View attachment 350254
View attachment 350252

This thing is pristine, distance buying is always a worry as the M4 was pretty much perfect, this is up there with it condition wise!

Debit card pillaged, we headed up the road from Wantage (Oxford area) onto the M6 where we stopped to visit the in laws

View attachment 350257
View attachment 350258
View attachment 350259

On the road again, stopping at Teebay for food

Midnight P&O home ended one of the best days out I’ve had for some time :grinning:
1st wash and no issues found
View attachment 350260
View attachment 350262
View attachment 350263

Ford performance Eibach springs are here!
View attachment 350261

Garage for a few minor mods
View attachment 350264
View attachment 350266

K&N panel filter in the meantime
View attachment 350265

Brilliant, Mustangs are such an honest car tbh, spent lots of time in the states over the years and always had a soft spot for them.

Tebay services are like a second home to me lol, used to do an early blast from Donington and hit the M6 at Crewe and be at Tebay for a fry at 8:30. Team 155 was class at the boat run.

RevT

RMS Regular
Much nicer than the M4! I’m looking forward to updates on this. It’s very nice in red too, I’ve not noticed many about in red.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Much nicer than the M4! I’m looking forward to updates on this. It’s very nice in red too, I’ve not noticed many about in red.

Thanks! I was actually trying to stay away from red as Emmas is red, saw the ad and it just looked like the right one.
I’ve never had so many people want to talk about it or hear it, every stop, petrol stations, even on the boat over, I suppose it’s a bit different and doesn’t sound like anything else, left a junction sideways and a guy in a Megane approaching gave me the thumbs up, if it was the M4 it would’ve been a different hand signal :joy:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
A mate had bought a new 4.6 in the mid 90's, was a bit sluggish tbh but he fitted a Roush inlet and TB which woke it up a bit. He went all over the states in it and ended up bringing it back over here, it has more than 200K on it now.

When he used to get stopped at petrol stations and asked about it, the first question was always "is it a Ferrari?" because it has a horse on it... 🤦‍♂️

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Absolutely immense mark. I love that.

The static plate will be perfect with the crease. I have one for my M3 but only put it on if I have to

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Fantastic looking car @MarkM. The red really suits it, so much more so than the grey and I do love grey cars. Really stands out in the red and I’d say that’s possibly the nicest colour I’ve seen in the Mustang?

Look forward to seeing how this progresses with you as the mods on the M4 where very tasteful.

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Looks amazing, think I am converted but couldn't fuel one to work and back :joy:

oh and £155 to tax??? HOW???

It’s amazing for a 5.0 V8! 2017 and 18 cars are £155, 2016 and 19 on are £500 odd :joy:

I was shocked at how little fuel it used bringing it home, mostly motorway and traffic with some spirited A75 to the boat driving it did 28.5mpg :grinning: A local blast sees that into single figures though :laughing:

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
View attachment 350324

Hi fella,
Superb looking car. Bet it sounds lovely on a cold morning;) I still remember hearing the Mustangs on the freeway from the hotel in Houston, most of them being driven hard :grinning:

As for your reg plate, can you not fit an adaptor plate that will take up the crease line?

MarkM

RMS Regular
OP
MarkM
Hi fella,
Superb looking car. Bet it sounds lovely on a cold morning;) I still remember hearing the Mustangs on the freeway from the hotel in Houston, most of them being driven hard :grinning:

As for your reg plate, can you not fit an adaptor plate that will take up the crease line?

Oh cold starts are lovely 🥰 It’ll be even better with the Roush

What do mean by an adapter plate? I’d love a plate with a nice sharp crease in it, tried a bit of heat and bending an old plate but it just stressed the sticker part and made a fuzzy line!

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Oh cold starts are lovely 🥰 It’ll be even better with the Roush

What do mean by an adapter plate? I’d love a plate with a nice sharp crease in it, tried a bit of heat and bending an old plate but it just stressed the sticker part and made a fuzzy line!
Adaptor plate with angled crease on the back to match the crease on your bumper, a few millimetres thick, and flat on the front for your reg plate to sit flush on.