Raced A Golf TDI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus
Had an amazin race off the lights at Knocknagoney headin towards Bangor.
It was MK4 Golf TDI (red DI) , black with 17s, looked sweet

Off the lights he pulled away and at 70mph he was a car length ahead of me, so I thought that I was beat.
But then I started to catch him, and at 110mph I was a car length ahead of him! Then had to back off a bit for that bad bend as you approach Hollywood. I flashed the guy but he never responded, he was probably pissed that he got beat by a fiesta 8)

Does any1 know the specs? I think it might have been the 115bhp one, but not sure.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Red D and Red I i think is 130 brake, not sure now.

This race obviously took place on a private road...

Ford 1 Volkswagen 0 :laughing::laughing::laughing:

VEN©M

RMS Regular
Drives
2011 Camaro SS
then u got lucky! lol...! those golfs are sharp enough....

dalys golf though is a whole different ball game!

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
I thought that the GTT red D red I was 130bhp? and the T red D red I was 115?

Wasnt an sdi, I would have destroyed it if it was.
It had leather seats, the alloys were the 5 spokes, look like they are polished, vw standard wheels, seen them on loads of golfs

Mr 106

RMS Regular
i havent a clue what the interior trim specifications are on the VW range but at the end of the day you'll never know what was what i guess unless you have a reg.

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
lol, i took a look at parkers, thay came in 110, 115, 130 and 150

must have been 110 or 115, cant see me beatin any other

I dont really care wot it was, i beat it and i wasnt expecting too :laughing:

Ruth

RMS Regular
older ones came in 90 too... and knowing vw im sure leather is an extra in any one... Wouldnt go by badges cos theyre not exactly difficult to change. How many rear headrests did it have?

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
didnt notice, but the turbo was givin a pretty loud whistle

Dermot

Steve what size is your Fez ?

If its a 1.6 you'd of had no bother with a standard 110, 115, or 130...
If its a 1.4 you'd of been luck to sit with a 110

a 150 with a tunning box is a whole different ball game ...(approx 180BHP) I'd even be weary of one in the V6 ...lol cause they have like 1,000,000 lbf's of torque

Ruth

RMS Regular
its a 1.6 i think and i cant see it "having no bother" with a 130 golf... no offence...

Dermot

clio_lass said:
its a 1.6 i think and i cant see it "having no bother" with a 130 golf... no offence...

U drive a Clio ... :lol:
Naw Seriously, I'd Been in a 130 Golf, and I've been in a 1.6 Fez ... And The 1.6 felt the Quicker of the 2... I also been in a car that raced both, and the 1.6 Fiesta deff put up the best fight... Although after half of a mile I could hardly see the golf..and quarter mile the fez was about 4 car lenghts behind

Never Been in a Golf 150 with a tunning box But have seen them move.. And I'd say a few impreza turbo's would have bother with them :eek:

Ohh and My old SRI, I Could sit with a 115 Golf with a T-box (About 130 i'd say?) and it would deff have bother with a 1.6 fiesta.

No-one might have realised yet, But I have respect for 1.6 fiesta's ... They'd surprize a few people.

Martyn

RMS Regular
This is vw's TDI range - 90, 100, 110, 115, 130, 150 hp.

They are badged as follows:

90 - TDI - all silver

100 - T(silver) DI(red)

110 - TD(silver) I(red)

115 - T(silver) DI(red)

130 - T(silver) DI(red)

150 - Import TDI(red) UK car badged GTI.

A tunned 130 will give approx 175bhp and 300Nm Torgue

A tunned 150 will give approx 180bhp and 310Nm Torque.

I would say you raced a 90,100, 110 cause anything else would have left you for dead!!!

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
1.6 zetec fiestas are a quick wee motor, I would have thought it was probably the 110 or 115 myself as a 130 brake would be pushing it but u never know!

Far too many fecking engines lol I also wasted one in the Focus but dont have a clue what model TDi it was...

Alpha98

Drives
Golf GTI
my bro has a mk4 tdi 130, top speed is 135mph in 6th, ive been in with him when hes raced and beat 1.8 and 2ltr gti golfs, off the mark its a flying machine!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.