Raced A Golf TDI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chrismac

VEN©M said:
worth remembering that the fiesta is quicker on paper.

On paper (at least VW claimed times), the 130pd Golf does 0-60 in about 9.6 or something, in reality its about 8.5 0-60, 0-100 in about 25 secs
What are the times for the zetec-s?

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
yea thats very true indeed notice this in my mothere skoda its the 130pd and its doin 0-60 under wot it says in the book

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Chrismac said:
VEN©M said:
worth remembering that the fiesta is quicker on paper.

On paper (at least VW claimed times), the 130pd Golf does 0-60 in about 9.6 or something, in reality its about 8.5 0-60, 0-100 in about 25 secs
What are the times for the zetec-s?

The zetec-s is not quicker on paper, book time is 10.3 secs 0-60, its definetly more like 9.5, book also says top speed of 113mph, i can do that in 4th, had mine at 130mph(once) ards to bangor carrigeway i'll hit 120-125 without a bother, with 15s on

clio_lass - trust me, on the m2 they will get there. sure ur not gettin mixed up with mk3 1.6si fiesta? there is a hell of a difference

slinky - Im just gona keep it until i get it through mot in october and maybe try again then, if knowone buys it i wont be too worried, i do love the fiesta, i just want somethin with loads of power.

Incase anyone was wondering, I didnt say that I could beat 130bhp golfs, cause I dont think I could

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
ROFL!!!

I beat a lamborgini tonight u know ;)

Chrismac

Its the 100bhp Golf you raced, thats what the badge on the back indicates.
If it had of been a 130pd it would have beaten you by quite a bit, especially top end.

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Chrismac said:
Its the 100bhp Golf you raced, thats what the badge on the back indicates.
If it had of been a 130pd it would have beaten you by quite a bit, especially top end.

i agree, i wouldnt expect to beat a 130, all i asked from my first post was if any1 knew that stats
thanks

Gambit

RMS Regular
Tufty said:
well yes proven fact vws don`t make the best of petrol cars tho mine on the othere hand will **** all over the zetec 1.2 and for the 1.6 zetecs skoda power would have to come out to play :lol:

my petrol one seems to goes alright for a 13yr old car

that thing about the badging doesnt really mean head nor tail as VW allowed you to choose which colour of lettering you had due to the fact that by havin a badge colour scheme allowed "would-be" theives to pick n choose their cars

Gambit

RMS Regular
the 1.4 golf weighs 1100kg's

just on the VAG factory 0-60 times. these are with a passenger, and 1/2 tank of fuel

just to give you an idea.....

the factory VAG figure for my 16v is 7.9s. yet when VAG marketed the 16v they state in the original advert that it'll do 0-60 in 7.3s

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Gambit said:
Tufty said:
well yes proven fact vws don`t make the best of petrol cars tho mine on the othere hand will **** all over the zetec 1.2 and for the 1.6 zetecs skoda power would have to come out to play :lol:

my petrol one seems to goes alright for a 13yr old car

that thing about the badging doesnt really mean head nor tail as VW allowed you to choose which colour of lettering you had due to the fact that by havin a badge colour scheme allowed "would-be" theives to pick n choose their cars

mine also pulls really well for 14 yr old would still put the wind up most new cars even my old 86 golf would whipe most new cars that r comin out.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.