Raced A Golf TDI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
the 2.0gti golf is ***** but, does 60 in about 4years

steve, was this golf black, with black tints, smoked rear lights + twin 5 spoke bbs's??

FOCUS

Banned
clio_lass said:
its a 1.6 i think and i cant see it "having no bother" with a 130 golf... no offence...

Nobody is that dumb to put a tdi badge on a petrol car.

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Dermot, my car is a 1.6 16v, 103bhp standard

Lyons, it didnt have tints.

My car does suprise a few, I reckon its about half way between the speed of a saxo vtr and saxo vts, i beat the vtr without a bother, and vts blows me away

Another half a mile or so and I would have been miles away from the golf

Chrismac

lenny26 said:
This is vw's TDI range - 90, 100, 110, 115, 130, 150 hp.

They are badged as follows:

90 - TDI - all silver

100 - T(silver) DI(red)

110 - TD(silver) I(red)

115 - T(silver) DI(red)

130 - T(silver) DI(red)

150 - Import TDI(red) UK car badged GTI.

A tunned 130 will give approx 175bhp and 300Nm Torgue

A tunned 150 will give approx 180bhp and 310Nm Torque.

I would say you raced a 90,100, 110 cause anything else would have left you for dead!!!

As lenny says, if its a silver T with a red DI then its a 100bhp. I used to own one.
The problem with trying to tell what diesel Golf has what engine is down to the the fact that they changed the badging when the changed over to the pd engine.
As far as I remember its something like this

older common rail engine

TDI=90BHP
TDI=110bhp
GTTDI=115bhp

pd engines

TDI=100bhp
GTTDI=130bhp
GTTDI=150pd

A tuned 130pd will actually put out about 175-185bhp and a 150pd about 190-200bhp

Steve

RMS Regular
OP
Steve
Drives
Bus
Lyons said:
SteveZetecS said:
Lyons, it didnt have tints.

did it have the other bits?

no mate, it was standard, i dont know if the wheels are bbs but they had a polished look to them, ive seen these wheels on loads of golfs, but the car did look well

Dermot

Yeah BBS Wheel's are the wheels on most Golfs ...

Lenny, Ever Been in a 1.6 Fez ? lol ... Take one over the 1/4 at Bishopcourt, I reackon you'll be surprized... Im Not Saying One would beat the R32, lol ... But you'll be surprised at how close on your heels the wee thing is going over the line...

For only bein 100BHP Standard, there pretty feckin nippy...

Ruth

RMS Regular
Alpha98 said:
my bro has a mk4 tdi 130, top speed is 135mph in 6th, ive been in with him when hes raced and beat 1.8 and 2ltr gti golfs, off the mark its a flying machine!

1.8 and 2L golfs are **** thats why lol

Martyn

RMS Regular
hummmm.... the 32 is over 1.5 tons....

The 130 is 1.2 tons... No offence the 130 would have a fiesta 1.6!!

Ruth

RMS Regular
yup it would... 1.6 fiestas really arent that fast, fair enough ive never driven one but ive seen them "go" - cant see it even touching a 130

Baz C

Banned
i think if it was a 130 golf it wud have blown u away! i've drove a few and they can shift

Alpha98

Drives
Golf GTI
clio_lass said:
Alpha98 said:
my bro has a mk4 tdi 130, top speed is 135mph in 6th, ive been in with him when hes raced and beat 1.8 and 2ltr gti golfs, off the mark its a flying machine!

1.8 and 2L golfs are **** thats why lol

well thats prolly why it beat them both :p

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
fair do`s u raced a golf n won u might neva find out wot it was inless u see the lad again and stop n talk to him

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
if it was a 130 it would have completed wasted you from a standing start!! My 130tdi ibiza can give the same engined golf a tanning cos of the weight advantage!! :laughing:

I have raced many zetec-s' and they really dont have much of a chance!! Had one smart bollix who was sitting on my tail pipe on the M5, he went o pass me and i accelerated-leaving him for dead....he wasnt amused!! :laughing:

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
i had a race with a guy from tech he owns a 1.4 golf and its ***** slow aganst my 1.2, he jsut said he couldnt keep up with me.

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
well yes proven fact vws don`t make the best of petrol cars tho mine on the othere hand will **** all over the zetec 1.2 and for the 1.6 zetecs skoda power would have to come out to play :lol:

Phil-Ray

RMS Regular
Drives
mk4 Fiesta
Tufty said:
well yes proven fact vws don`t make the best of petrol cars tho mine on the othere hand will **** all over the zetec 1.2 and for the 1.6 zetecs skoda power would have to come out to play :lol:

:roll:

the guy i raced was a 1.4 not a 1.6 any way u are a golf man and probably havnet even been in a 1.2 fiesta

my mates tdi left me standing at the lights a few weeks back so im not saying my fiesta is a great car but its very good for the size of the engine in it

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
indeed it is powered by the zetec so id like to think it was good for a 1.2. i didn`t mention n e thing about a 1.6 golf lad i was talkin about a 1.6 zetec.

tho if ur talkin about mine being a 1.6 i think not mine would b there lovely wee GTI

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.