Recommend Me A Good Double Din Head Unit?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Have nearly had the leon two years now and have sone almost everything I wanted to do looks wise so have decided its time for some audio upgrades. The plan is to have a nice simple set up with upgraded speakers and the possibility of a subtle sub and amp in the future.

But firstly i need a decent headunit! I've had a couple of pioneer units and i think i would like to stay with pioneer as they havent let me down yet and are easy to use, but i am open to other ideas! I have seen the following which interested me a lot:
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-sph-da01-appradio-for-iphone-4.html
But the only thing letting it down is it only has one pre-out which would be no good if i wanted to add a sub/amp etc. Unless is there an adaptor that can increase the number of preouts?

Any help/ideas/recommendations are much appreciated as always!

Cheers,
Noel

pablo

RMS Moderator
ID buy that pioneer if the IPOD connection was on the back, really hate the thought of having a USB cable hanging out the front.

OLLIeCrX

RMS Regular
Drives
C63 AMG
i know what you mean pabs, my radio in the silvia has a front input.... it was a bit annoying, now im just used to it

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
OP
Noel McQ
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Ollie i had looked at that one too! Forgot to add id like it to have bluetooth calling so im not using my phone whilst driving! Which is why the app radio was appealing!

Cartunes i never spotted that on the website but that makes the appradio even more appealing to me lol!

Yeh Pablo i dont want that either! fitted my old pioneer single din to the girlfriends lupo the other day and the ipod lead runs nicely in to the space below the cd player! Its been lying in my house from i took it out of my clio and showing her how to use it made me want it in the leon but think id prefer a double din :grinning:

Cheers so far guys, any more keep them coming!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I came on here to say go for a Kenwood or maybe Alpine, but that Pioneer one you posted Noel looks class!

pablo

RMS Moderator
problem Id have is knowing how the IPOD connection is. A lot can be a bit crap but you wont know until you buy it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
If its designed for the iPod specifically you'd expect it to be good? As per the Alpine IDA X001

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
OP
Noel McQ
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Yeh i think im set on the AppRadio! only have a 3gs at the minute and upgrading in March so shall purchase then i think :laughing:

Has one pre-out for sub/amp so would do for a subtle system im sure! and if i wanted something bigger then I could always get the adapter for more like Cartunes posted

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
OP
Noel McQ
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Storm thats way out of budget, plus if i had that sort of money to spend id go for the kenwood unit built specifically for the Seat range, only £100 dearer than that one brand new!

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
Pioneer Noel would be my vote
Have one in my own car, and got my friend to buy a 2011 model version, no difference mind you.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-AVH...6PK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329304921&sr=8-1

seems to have come down in price now also. smooth ipod interface, aux in, rca in, 3 pre-outs super control in general also add the steering wheel control adapter to use the OEM set up if you have it.

Checked amazon for the p4200, (older version) its more expensive than the newer model :/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-Dou...X4JA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329305296&sr=8-1 just found this, new out, parrott bluetooth etc, tempting for myself :p

Edition300

Drives
Edition 30 Golf
If your looking to spend £400 for £500 quid you can pick up a Pioneer AVIC-F930BT... I've had some units in my time but this one is IMMENSE! :grinning: youtube, app radio stations the works, Nav is good! Ipod is on the back lovely easy to use interface Superb sounds quality i really would recommend to anyone!

Noel McQ

RMS Regular
OP
Noel McQ
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS
Cheers for all the replies guys. Some quality units there and alot pioneer wise to choose from! I fitted my single din pioneer ipod unit to the girlfriends car the other day and remembered just how good it is! Saving at the minute but will definitely be going pioneer, thinking between £300-£500 (y)

syecadelic

RMS Regular
Drives
Evo IX
:grinning: Sounds good Noel, good luck, dont forget to check amazon, seems to be cheapest about usually, and always cheapest delivery,
got quoted £50 by a company in england off eBay once, near fainted

pablo

RMS Moderator
check this out if you have an iphone 4

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-sph-da01-appradio-for-iphone-4.html

SPH-DA01_other_wiPhone4.jpg

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Pabs, that's the very one he asked about in the first post - now go make babies and Uncle Del will look after the audio! :p

pablo

RMS Moderator
:sob:

actually just watched a youtube review of it and Im out. Doesnt really live up to the potential it has for awesomeness. Im back to considering a 7" android tablet mounted in dash. cheap as chips for what you get (audio/video/nav etc)

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.