Wanted: Record Engineers vice

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Wow! Seriously?! :eek: I'll try not to hit it with a big hammer then!! lol

Didn't realise it was quite that old, but does make sense because that's about the time when he built the house. (Mildly interesting fact - it was the last new house in NI to built entirely from stone. When he was digging the foundations the laws changed that all houses had to be built with bricks so he actually had to go and appeal it!)

Can't believe that about banning the letter 'e'!

Thanks for the info! (y)

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Wow! Seriously?! :eek: I'll try not to hit it with a big hammer then!! lol

Didn't realise it was quite that old, but does make sense because that's about the time when he built the house. (Mildly interesting fact - it was the last new house in NI to built entirely from stone. When he was digging the foundations the laws changed that all houses had to be built with bricks so he actually had to go and appeal it!)

Can't believe that about banning the letter 'e'!

Thanks for the info! (y)

No problem
But I just made that up lol

Sorry :p

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
After finding the 1 I mentioned above I had a look at topics about restoring them online and with very little work they can be made to look pretty cool. If you would ever have the need for it I'd just keep it.

Must have a look for the restoration threads. We've inherited a house and this is in the garage

JD.

RMS Regular
That's a good find.

Thought I would chime in with a Record No. 22 restoration I did a few years ago. Bought for about £30 on eBay and has it shipped for about £10 with Send It Now.

From looking at the rounded main screw it's possibly 1940s/1950s.

IMG_4225.jpeg IMG_4239.jpeg IMG_4259.jpeg IMG_4260.jpeg IMG_0033.jpeg IMG_4267.jpeg

The paint it enamel from Military Vehicle Paints. It is "roundel blue" which Record used for their vices.

IMG_0030.jpeg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I have a record 22 I'm restoring at the minute. Can anyone tell me if I can get spares anywhere? Need the quick release mechanism and maybe the 2 screws on the if I end up drilling them

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
That's a good find.

Thought I would chime in with a Record No. 22 restoration I did a few years ago. Bought for about £30 on eBay and has it shipped for about £10 with Send It Now.

From looking at the rounded main screw it's possibly 1940s/1950s.

View attachment 256535View attachment 256536View attachment 256537View attachment 256538View attachment 256539View attachment 256540

The paint it enamel from Military Vehicle Paints. It is "roundel blue" which Record used for their vices.

View attachment 256541

@JD. I assume 1 tin had enough to do the whole thing?

2fast4u

RMS Regular
Drives
V50, MT-10, MSX
So I really need to stop abusing this and show it a little care. 😂

Record 52.5E from the early 60s apparently...

IMG_20200703_190036.jpg

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
lol, I’ll not be painting any more!

Giving my dads old Paramo No 6 a freshen up before fitting it just. It won’t be turning into a hobby!

-Pete-

RMS Regular
jaysus thats had a rash person at it, between the bent bar and what looks like someone has welded (badly) a bit on to make up for the missing jaw. I'd be giving that a wide berth personally. unless it was £20 and you're keen on a project....

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S

Dave..

RMS Regular
I thought I was being helpful posting that but I guess not. Next time I see any car related I won’t bother.