RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Thanks

Thats a lot of lumens but also a lot of power consumption.

I don't want to be burning too much power but likewise I don't want to have poor lighting.
At my age, I need all the light I can get lol.
Not really worried about power consumption as I'm not in there often enough or for long enough for it to matter. I have a triple switch for the main area so i can just have 2,4 or all 6 on. It's full height for a lift so i would rather go overboard than rue having gone for a lesser amount.

Great lights. That’s the same as I went with

There is a serious amount of light from them.

I’ve 12 of the 5 foot ones downstairs (12m x 6.5) when you go upstairs which has 14 GU10 down lights it seems like darkness but obv don’t need that bright upstairs

It’s still less than 1KW (18p an hour)

We debated 2 rows or 3 rows. Glad I went with 3 tbh
It was your post that pointed me towards those. Great recommendation, cant wait to get the rest of them up. (y)

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
At my age, I need all the light I can get lol.
Not really worried about power consumption as I'm not in there often enough or for long enough for it to matter. I have a triple switch for the main area so i can just have 2,4 or all 6 on. It's full height for a lift so i would rather go overboard than rue having gone for a lesser amount.

It was your post that pointed me towards those. Great recommendation, cant wait to get the rest of them up. (y)

Glad your happy with them.

They aren’t the cheapest, you can get cheap LED baton lights but there is no comparison

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti

£29 Screwfix jobs here, two is good in a 3mx5m single garage, must pick up one more so I can chat out the shadows on the workbench.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Another bit of progress with the ground work today.
DSC_0784.JPG

DSC_0785.JPG

DSC_0786.JPG
DSC_0787.JPG
DSC_0788.JPG

The white marks are where the base is going to go. The next bit is either the concrete guy or the bricklayers again to fit the coping stones, depending on who is next free.

Chris0

RMS Regular
Any specific screws/fixings needed to fix this to the steel frame?

was planning on a couple of brackets but not sure on what way to screw into the steel

FC4AC26B-5979-4D29-85BB-64264B45CAF9.jpeg

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Another bit of progress with the ground work today.
View attachment 317055
View attachment 317056

View attachment 317057View attachment 317058View attachment 317059

The white marks are where the base is going to go. The next bit is either the concrete guy or the bricklayers again to fit the coping stones, depending on who is next free.

Why the drainage pipes through the wall?
I thought you had a landrain to the back of that wall to take the overflow away from that back field and away from the new shed?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Getting places now!

1M high footing wall finished (it was a needed as the height has come down over 1 meter since the big wall was built), back filled, concreted, floated and brushed, base frame down and as we had a bit of concrete left we pushed it into the frame to hold it in place along with re-bar pins. Also main house wall cut away to allow steps to be built on Friday.

Still spending spare time looking at 3rd car possibilities...............R8, GT3, 370Z, M3, 997, Cayman........................must resist :laughing:

300321.jpg

300321a.jpg

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Getting places now!

1M high footing wall finished (it was a needed as the height has come down over 1 meter since the big wall was built), back filled, concreted, floated and brushed, base frame down and as we had a bit of concrete left we pushed it into the frame to hold it in place along with re-bar pins. Also main house wall cut away to allow steps to be built on Friday.

Still spending spare time looking at 3rd car possibilities...............R8, GT3, 370Z, M3, 997, Cayman........................must resist :laughing:

View attachment 317657

View attachment 317658

looke great. Serious amount of work to get started on the actual garage.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Getting places now!

View attachment 317657

View attachment 317658

Looks great. Getting there.

A bit of an off the wall idea (excuse the pun!)
But if you can get the purlins for the roof of shed extended back over that shelf, you could have a couple of extra roof sheets either side and will give you some covered outdoor storage... for ladders, garden furniture etc. Worth having a wee think about

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
So, I need some advice here. For the garage photo above, I have a shared, single block wall between my neighbours garage and mine. They are both flat roof, and joined in the middle. My plan is to cut the roof at about 6 inches onto my side, lift the ply off the joists then cut the joists before taking down the brick.

My concern is for the future of the wall. Do I need to strengthen the wall in some way, on my side, to ensure its integrity? Also, the wall at the back of the garage isn't knitted into the dividing wall, so I guess I'm gonna have to secure that too? Any help and advice is welcome.