RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Question: removal of 100m2 of soil/earth to level the site for my shed and dumping and levelling out the excavated soil in an adjacent field. Could this be done in a couple of days with a small digger and front loading tipper? Then allow another day to dig out tracks for water/electric/drainage, dig 20m long foundation for a wall and remove 10 feet of hedging?

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
E400d, MGB
We did around 7.5m2 with a 1.5 ton digger and a 3x4 trailer on the back of my ride on mower in around 2.5 hours.
Tipper will be faster :grinning:
Make sure to have someone who knows how to use the digger as that will be the part that slows you down.
I'm useless at waggling all those controls simultaneously.....

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Question: removal of 100m2 of soil/earth to level the site for my shed and dumping and levelling out the excavated soil in an adjacent field. Could this be done in a couple of days with a small digger and front loading tipper? Then allow another day to dig out tracks for water/electric/drainage, dig 20m long foundation for a wall and remove 10 feet of hedging?

Depends how deep your 100m2 is 👍

Dave..

RMS Regular
Are their any websites that show plans / ideas for garages? I would like to rig up a way of keeping my powerwasher out of the way.
Thanks.

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Are their any websites that show plans / ideas for garages? I would like to rig up a way of keeping my powerwasher out of the way.
Thanks.

I'm thinking wall mounted as mine does my head in and a faff setting up/putting away, etc.

Tempted to try one of these...anyone got one?

Deal: Wall Mounted Pressure Washer 2175PSI/150BAR Corded Electric Power Washer with 30M Retractable Hose Reel BY GIRAFFE TOOLS - 2 YEAR WARRANTY, black https://amzn.eu/d/gXtBmGq

Dave..

RMS Regular
I'm thinking wall mounted as mine does my head in and a faff setting up/putting away, etc.

Deal: Wall Mounted Pressure Washer 2175PSI/150BAR Corded Electric Power Washer with 30M Retractable Hose Reel BY GIRAFFE TOOLS - 2 YEAR WARRANTY, black https://amzn.eu/d/gXtBmGq
That looks great if it works as well as it shows in the video.

variant

RMS Regular
Drives
T5, Up Gti

Once you've had 6 weeks in turkey you could look as well as the woman using it too 😂

Cro

RMS Regular

When I went to buy one the reviews says they kept popping hoses off

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Doesn't look to have great pressure or much flow from the lance. More of a glorified garden hose by the looks of it. Here it is washing a clean mountain bike tyre, now a clean car!......

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Thanks.
Multi tier trolley with a high pressure hose reel bolted to it. Mine is an old IKEA one. It’s buried in behind stuff at the minute but there is a pic in here somewhere already

RCT

RMS Regular
Having set up numerous pressure washers at our car dealerships over the years, I’ve gained a fair bit of hands-on experience. Here’s my opinion for anyone who might find it helpful.

While the setups from Obsessed Garage are exceptional, they are also extremely expensive, making it difficult for most of us to justify the cost. They are indeed top-of-the-line, but your choice should depend on your specific circumstances.

If you can, I’d recommend investing in a Kranzle or a similar brand, paired with a high-quality custom-length hose like the Gates Megaflex, which is both lightweight and flexible. Quick-release fittings, preferably stainless steel, are a must. I personally use Nilfisk trigger handles because we have them across all our locations, but any good quality gun will suffice. Stick to a reliable gun, and you’ll only need to replace seals occasionally. If you’re not using hot water, seals last significantly longer. I’ve had a Gates Megaflex hose for about five years, but longevity depends on usage and whether hot water is used. It’s starting to show signs of wear now. Avoid cheap kits like those from Temu; they won’t last long and aren’t worth the money.

Where possible, I keep the pressure washers indoors and run the hose through the wall. In one workshop, we have this setup (see picture), but everything is quick-release in case another machine goes down and needs to be replaced quickly.

Fancy additions like swing arms and boom poles can be a hassle when seals start leaking. They don’t work for us because if you want to wash your patio, for example, you’ll need a different hose. It’s more cost-effective to have a decent hose that trails across the ground and replace it when it wears out. Any hydraulic shop can quickly make you a new one.

We use Gerni in Coleraine for our equipment, but I know people who have had great service from CB Services with a full custom setup a few years ago. I'm not sure if they still handle normal washers or only the Istobal fully automated industrial ones now. I’m sure others here will have local recommendations as well.
IMG_5413.jpeg
IMG_5414.jpeg

Dave..

RMS Regular
Having set up numerous pressure washers at our car dealerships over the years, I’ve gained a fair bit of hands-on experience. Here’s my opinion for anyone who might find it helpful.

While the setups from Obsessed Garage are exceptional, they are also extremely expensive, making it difficult for most of us to justify the cost. They are indeed top-of-the-line, but your choice should depend on your specific circumstances.

If you can, I’d recommend investing in a Kranzle or a similar brand, paired with a high-quality custom-length hose like the Gates Megaflex, which is both lightweight and flexible. Quick-release fittings, preferably stainless steel, are a must. I personally use Nilfisk trigger handles because we have them across all our locations, but any good quality gun will suffice. Stick to a reliable gun, and you’ll only need to replace seals occasionally. If you’re not using hot water, seals last significantly longer. I’ve had a Gates Megaflex hose for about five years, but longevity depends on usage and whether hot water is used. It’s starting to show signs of wear now. Avoid cheap kits like those from Temu; they won’t last long and aren’t worth the money.

Where possible, I keep the pressure washers indoors and run the hose through the wall. In one workshop, we have this setup (see picture), but everything is quick-release in case another machine goes down and needs to be replaced quickly.

Fancy additions like swing arms and boom poles can be a hassle when seals start leaking. They don’t work for us because if you want to wash your patio, for example, you’ll need a different hose. It’s more cost-effective to have a decent hose that trails across the ground and replace it when it wears out. Any hydraulic shop can quickly make you a new one.

We use Gerni in Coleraine for our equipment, but I know people who have had great service from CB Services with a full custom setup a few years ago. I'm not sure if they still handle normal washers or only the Istobal fully automated industrial ones now. I’m sure others here will have local recommendations as well.View attachment 437235View attachment 437236
I would like the reel either on the outside wall or near the front door and all the plumbing including the washer in the garage.
I want my setup to look and be tidy. Possibly a separate mains water supply.

RCT

RMS Regular
I would like the reel either on the outside wall or near the front door and all the plumbing including the washer in the garage.
I want my setup to look and be tidy. Possibly a separate mains water supply.
The reel will certainly be a tidy job and worth doing. If you’re doing it then put a quick release on the gun, so you can reel it in with no pressure in the line. Some of the cheaper ones can rust badly very quickly.

If you do a split on the water, then you can have a di vessel with normal hose to rinse car down after. I’ve taps both inside and outside. I didn’t do this but should have, but if you can plum the di vessel inside then have the tap for its hose outside, would be good job! I think youre not supposed to let a di vessel sit outside below 5 degrees. Someone else may be able to confirm that? If you see the taps (blue) I have are not a “normal” one. They’re quick turn ones, means with a quick glance you know if you’ve turned it on or off.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I couldn’t do without my wall mounted MTM reel now.
To wash the car all you have to do is turn on the water and the pressure washer and ready to go.

Those Giraffe all in ones are supposedly crap, I wouldn’t waste money on them.
Cleantec do the hose/reels as well as all rhe different connection fittings.
I bought a couple of stainless steel Midi quick connects for the end of the hose/gun, nice and easy setup

IMG_1762.jpeg

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
All this pressure washer talk reminds me I never got a new jump hose made to go between my reel swivel and the new ava pressure washer. @Big Pimp where would do a male Ava fitting?

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Changed my lance to the Karcher quick release fittings. Absolute game changer.

Tho need to figure out an adaptor to change the quick loc thread to other snow foam cannon. I have the karcher snow foam cannon also though.

karcher.png

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I couldn’t do without my wall mounted MTM reel now.
To wash the car all you have to do is turn on the water and the pressure washer and ready to go.

Those Giraffe all in ones are supposedly crap, I wouldn’t waste money on them.
Cleantec do the hose/reels as well as all rhe different connection fittings.
I bought a couple of stainless steel Midi quick connects for the end of the hose/gun, nice and easy setup

View attachment 437263

What make is the hose? The reel is a good job, would definitely make life easier. Mine can twist when wrapping it up which is a pain in the ass.

IMG_6249.jpeg