RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Got a tap installed inside the garage,
Small thing- but makes such a difference not having to drag the hose round from the back, and takes like 10 seconds to get everything ready now!
And the water pressure is definately better now too.
will eventually design a tidier job with the hosing etc, maybe if I ever get a Krenzle..

IMG_1769.jpeg

What make is the hose? The reel is a good job, would definitely make life easier. Mine can twist when wrapping it up which is a pain in the ass.

View attachment 437325

My previous one was Directhoses but this time to keep it simple I got the 20m hose from Cleantec as I got the MTM hydra reel and a few connections from there too- they supplied the connecting hose (reel to washer) with the correct fittings attached..
And getting a quick connect stubby gun with swivel is such an upgrade kver Karcher gun!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Something else I’d recommend would be to get a reel for a compressor hose too. I have a 10m auto winding one and it’s dead handy for inflating tyres from numerous locations, rather than having to turn the car etc.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
All this pressure washer talk reminds me I never got a new jump hose made to go between my reel swivel and the new ava pressure washer. @Big Pimp where would do a male Ava fitting?
They don’t seem to do the fittings separately.

What I’ve done in the past for customers is have a hydraulic hose shop cut their existing hose thing and lengthen it with a joint. Then they still keep the fittings and it gives them the extra length they need

wings

RMS Regular
Drives
MK 6 GTi
Thats my planning agreed verbally 🚀 full steam ahead now pending funds lol
@wings Mid-Ulster council, just under two months from submission to approval, cant believe it.
Happy days !! im in the process of trying to get people out to price the ground work now

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Happy days !! im in the process of trying to get people out to price the ground work now
Yep me too, I'm waiting on a quote coming back from a guy I know. Another guy I'm having trouble getting out to price up the job. Good luck lol

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Looking to hard plumb the pressure washer inlet from the tap rather than just a garden hose…
Obsessed Garage setup wud be cool but looking a cheaper way of tidying it up..
IMG_1775.jpeg

I think someone on here has a similar DIY system installed - wondering what fittings they used

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
All this pressure washer talk reminds me I never got a new jump hose made to go between my reel swivel and the new ava pressure washer. @Big Pimp where would do a male Ava fitting?
I';ve been thinking a bit.....

I do have some of these spare - they are the fitting from the pump to the reel on the AVA washers.

In theory you could lengthen this and have it coming from the machine inside to a reel outside....

IMG_3036.jpeg

Dave..

RMS Regular
Looking to hard plumb the pressure washer inlet from the tap rather than just a garden hose…
Obsessed Garage setup wud be cool but looking a cheaper way of tidying it up..
View attachment 437464
I think someone on here has a similar DIY system installed - wondering what fittings they used
I would love that as well but if you ever price it up let me and we could try a group buy 👍

Chris100

RMS Regular
Matt from Obsessed Garage has some setups, his house in Florida and the one in Georgia are fantastic.

Statler

RMS Regular
Drives
E400d, MGB
Just purchased a 30m anti-kink rubber hose from Direct Hoses plus a link hose for my Karcher.

I've a 15m thermoplastic hose that twists worse than the storm that hit poor Dorothy and Toto in that film... :rolleyes:

Hoping to be able to keep the Karcher at the garage door and just run the reel out