RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Any garage floor paint recommendations? That sandtex stuff any good? Need summat to keep the dust down till I get round to mats

Need something for my own too. Want it painted to stop any oil or anything absorbing into it.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Finally got some pics of my workshop/garage (y)

Got the light fittings wired up today and also installed a double socket at the bench too. Still some shelving to sort out which will clear most of the bench for more activities :laughing: I also plan to plyboard the top of the rafters above the bench for extra storage and gypsum board the underside

tmp_25524-Photo 29-03-2017, 18 03 52250395001.jpg
tmp_25524-Photo 29-03-2017, 18 04 161562423478.jpg

Last edited:

AC

RMS Regular
I was going to paint the floor in ours but decided against it as my dad was forever having to repaint his. I managed to get some commercial floor tiles and think it's turning out well. Still need to lay the rest of them and tidy up the shelving but so far so good.

IMG_0149.JPG

Last edited:

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I was going to paint the floor in ours but decided against it as my dad was forever having to repaint his. I managed to get some commercial floor tiles and think it's turning out well. Still need to lay the rest of them and tidy up the shelving but so far so good.

View attachment 141517

I hope eventually to mat or floor tile but in the meantime paint could be a 'cheap' means of keeping dust down

Power washed it out today so waiting for it to dry out then might slap some pva down before a few coats of grey paint

i would do a fair bit of washing so would want summat water resistant too

That looks really smart though!! Like the pattern and contrast in colours

Reactions: AC

rotor_dude

RMS Regular
Drives
Rotary Power
Picture of the tool rules please :grinning:

Nice setup btw

Finally got some pics of my workshop/garage (y)

Got the light fittings wired up today and also installed a double socket at the bench too. Still some shelving to sort out which will clear most of the bench for more activities :laughing: I also plan to plyboard the top of the rafters above the bench for extra storage and gypsum board the underside

View attachment 141487 View attachment 141488

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport

View attachment 141517
Looks great! Where did you get the tiles?

AC

RMS Regular
Looks great! Where did you get the tiles?

I was fortunate enough to have been given them for free as a commercial premise was moving and no longer had a need for the spares. There was a fella on gumtree doing boxes of 100 (50x50cm, same as above) for £80 as I was going to get a box before being given those but can't seem to find his listing now.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
I was fortunate enough to have been given them for free as a commercial premise was moving and no longer had a need for the spares. There was a fella on gumtree doing boxes of 100 (50x50cm, same as above) for £80 as I was going to get a box before being given those but can't seem to find his listing now.
what material are yours, are they carpet tiles or rubber/plastic or tile?

AC

RMS Regular
what material are yours, are they carpet tiles or rubber/plastic or tile?

They are bitumen (I think.. rubber type) backed carpet tiles, same as what you would find in an office building. I've cut them to fit snug so I've had no need to put them down with adhesive, just straight down onto concrete. I've also run a bead of clear sealant along the front edge at the garage door to stop any water ingress. Time will tell but so far so good.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I gave my new shed/workshop a lick of purple paint, doing my best to keep the missus happy lol. She gave me a big shed, I'll make it look pretty for her lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 207

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Few We updates, know some on here have a vice fetish... this will be mounted somewhere at a point.

IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_4994.JPG

Garage it's self, PVC guttering fitted. Outside extension area dashed, better PVC window fitted, all old wiring removed and redone as it was a hash of add ons over the years, lighting wiring run outside too for some security. Plasterboard goes on tomorrow then whole lot plastered then spark comes back to finish his install. Will paint the whole side to match rest of the garage

IMG_4996.JPG

IMG_4997.JPG

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
Plaster boarding a ceiling sucks!!!

Did my own garage ceiling recently def get some stilts or supports made up and a few pairs of hands!! Nail gun be a good job too

CR

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
@Eager I done my bathroom ceiling recently and hired a panel lifter, lifted the sheets on to it, moved into position, wound up and screw in. Absolute gift. Mb hire in Antrim would sort you out.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Got my base poured and powerfloated there last weekend.

Finally can order the shed and just have to wait for it to come now.

Nearly there. It's nearly cost as much to get to this stage as it will for the (insulated) shed!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170407_200549123.jpg
    IMG_20170407_200549123.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_20170411_202244473.jpg
    IMG_20170411_202244473.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20170411_202159933.jpg
    IMG_20170411_202159933.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20170408_135005080_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170408_135005080_HDR.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 101

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Few We updates, know some on here have a vice fetish... this will be mounted somewhere at a point.

Garage it's self, PVC guttering fitted. Outside extension area dashed, better PVC window fitted, all old wiring removed and redone as it was a hash of add ons over the years, lighting wiring run outside too for some security. Plasterboard goes on tomorrow then whole lot plastered then spark comes back to finish his install. Will paint the whole side to match rest of the garage

H]

Looking good @Eager. Where'd u get the vice?

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
should have updated this as i went,

Single garage with internal around 19x11 feet, cavity wall but didn't realise builder wasn't insulating :-( would have loved big enuff to store Both my Calibra and cavalier but it is what it is

Got a double radiator in and left that I can plumb a sink for hot/cold feed, other than that bog basic single tube light and single double socket

Picked up a job lot of insulation for £20

Hateful itchy job... friction fit was mostly fine but some pieces were sagging so grabbed 50m of barrier plastic and a staple gun and shud hold it

Garage door seemed decent fit so just expanding foamed the edges and gaps and then added foil backed foam to the sections to help insulate it a bit, also helped with reflecting some light

Then picked up a whack of plasterboard for £25 and a lot of free ply and osb board from another member on ere, much appreciated. Cut out the timber to leave it for storage up above and then me and a friend set about plasterboarding the ceiling, neither of us having done something like this and hope never to have to do it again

Two access points left then plastered

Another friend kindly donated a whack of free tube lights and sockets so next up was the spark, 7 double sockets on the walls, one double socket in the 'loft' area where I hope to put a small Compressor eventually and also two lights in 'loft area, security lights outside etc

Some of the insulation was leftover too so they went into the ceiling over the radiator side/over front door and stretched out as much as possible before the ply was screwed down

Two quick coats of cheap white emulsion soaked in quickly followed by two coats of Masonry

Then hated the boiler area as it's dead space so decided to box it in and allow shelving above