RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Met by a wee ba5tard there at lunch time when I went to open the garage door.. swung the shovel but missed him.

Got a couple of traps there on way back to work.
Get one of these, far better craic:cool:

4137c67673aacefd7e4ce9bed332a208.jpg

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
I know its been mentioned before, but.....I've a new shed ordered. Should be here in 6 weeks. Whats best to paint a power-floated floor? Tried to have a flick back through the tread there but can't find it.

Daviddunlop83

RMS Regular
Proper Epoxy floor paint

We got a guy in work to do ours, the 10 ton forklift doesn’t even bother it. Even dragging stuff across it and it’s held up really well

We used guy called Paul who owns Custom Flooring.

07977 113917

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Rodent related - has anyone tried any of those ultrasonic type plugin yokes to try and keep the mice away?

In year one I had a full on infestation (thanks to the wife trying to overwinter plants in a corner, between that and grass seed it was basically a mouse nursery), every year since I just keep traps down and get a few caught a year. I've 3 already this year since the cold snap came in. I've insulation strips under the roller door and a draft excluder brush at the top of the door, and no other holes I can see, but the feckers just seem drawn to my boiler.

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Rodent related - has anyone tried any of those ultrasonic type plugin yokes to try and keep the mice away?

In year one I had a full on infestation (thanks to the wife trying to overwinter plants in a corner, between that and grass seed it was basically a mouse nursery), every year since I just keep traps down and get a few caught a year. I've 3 already this year since the cold snap came in. I've insulation strips under the roller door and a draft excluder brush at the top of the door, and no other holes I can see, but the feckers just seem drawn to my boiler.
I have one in the roodspace. But still catch the odd mouse in a trap that's right beside it... I wish I could figure out how they getting in. Think the coming through from next door roofspace.

But I read they can get in a gap the size of a pencil. What about around the pipe entries

coling2005

RMS Regular
Drives
Altea, ATR, CRX

Have had 1 in garage for 2-3 years now and haven’t seen a trace of a mouse since. This was after catching half a dozen before I got the device. Garage is better sealed since that but it wouldn’t be impossible for a mouse to slip in sometime doors open etc.

m00k

RMS Regular
Drives
Vauxhalls/Holden
I have one in the roodspace. But still catch the odd mouse in a trap that's right beside it... I wish I could figure out how they getting in. Think the coming through from next door roofspace.

But I read they can get in a gap the size of a pencil. What about around the pipe entries
I got a triple pack of them sonic ones so have one in the garage one in utility room and one in front living room so that’s pretty much entire found floor covered

In old house for em every year till we got the sonics too

They actually were getting into garage at roof level and running along the top inner wall, the droppings were getting caught in the spiders webs round the corners... wee feckers, set off the house alarm flat out too

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
Can anyone with a pre fab shed post pics of there electrical work please and lighting?

Finally pinned my dad down to make a start on mine and just looking for some ideas

I have 2 5ft led tube lights to hang down from the middle (pitch) but thinking should I go 4? 1 either side of the pitch of the roof for each 4m bay. I have a few tube lights to go round the side also

@sc_evo @thefool1983
What did you guys do?

Last edited:

thefool1983

RMS Regular
Can anyone with a pre fab shed post pics of there electrical work please and lighting?

Finally pinned my dad down to make a start on mine and just looking for some ideas

I have 2 5ft led tube lights to hang down from the middle (pitch) but thinking should I go 4? 1 either side of the pitch of the roof for each 4m bay. I have a few tube lights to go round the side also

@sc_evo @thefool1983
What did you guys do?

Yeah I have 4, all individually switched.

It's still not enough!
Hanging down is a good idea - but I think I will add some more on the side walls.

For securing the cables I used sticky pads with a cable tie through them.
Because I have the insulated panels you can screw directly to the panels with self tapers.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Need some recommendations for ground workers and a firm to make a steel frame garage. I'm in Belfast for reference, but im sure most firms will work anywhere.

New garage will be approx 12m long and 4m wide.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Need some recommendations for ground workers and a firm to make a steel frame garage. I'm in Belfast for reference, but im sure most firms will work anywhere.

New garage will be approx 12m long and 4m wide.
Also interested in this...

What would you lot recommend for a double garage with room to work around the cars? I will be hopefully putting up a steel shed/garage at the new house. Lots of space so that’s no really an issue. At the same time I don’t want it stupidly big....

Anywhere you can go to view some sample buildings? (H2, DRS, Washing bay sheds, etc?)

RevT

RMS Regular
Nick, if you’re happy to have the metal cladding visible then any of the companies will be much the same. I went to H2 Buildings to look at theirs, they finish them to match your house and you’d never really know from outside that it’s a steel shed other than not having proper roof slates/tiles but tile effect cladding instead. It’s what I’ll be going with when I get the space I need cleared and it wasn’t that expensive but I can only fit a decent single garage unfortunately. : unamused:

RevT

RMS Regular
P.S. - H2 Buildings, H2 Sheds and Washingbay are all a stones throw from eachother and then DRS aren’t far from them either so you could go view what they offer in no time at all.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Cheers folks. I’ll take a scoot around them all in the new year when we get into the new house.

I take it that it was only a few weeks from ordering to delivery? That seems to be what most websites are saying.