RMS Epic Workshop/ Garage Thread: Show me your bench/garage

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Gave my mums garage a good gutting out today. Hopefully, get some more done tomorrow, paint the walls, latex the floor and paint. Need to do something with the roof as it's asbestos.

20181130_091332.jpg

20181130_092806.jpg

20181130_092926.jpg

20181130_134747.jpg

Dan.86

RMS Regular
Yeh don’t wash it, brush it or wipe it. Don’t even look at it and it’ll cause you no harm.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
The problem is I can see daylight through a little bit along the ridge, and there was white sediment on the roof of the civic. Would it just be cement that was along the ridge for the ridge tiles, or an asbestos mix? I took every precaution when cleaning it out today, suit, taped gloves, mask, the works lol.

NotKG

Banned
my cousin died of asbestosis. they gave him 10 yrs and he lasted 10 months.
horific! the last day i saw him alive it looked like a washed character from the walking dead.
wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, i just wish them to get done for a crime for a life sentence and the "pass the soap" in prison life happens daily :joy::grinning::laughing::p;)(y)

colin84

RMS Regular
Asbestosis is real ****, it can take many years before the symptoms show. Asbestos roofs will deteriorate over time and release fibres into the air. If it was mine I would fit pvc cladding on the underside of the roof.

kennymcg

RMS Regular
They've put my shed back to 8th Jan, I'm livid. They're saying some BS that the base isn't cured until around then. Base was down on the 22nd Nov
Probably right enough. Concrete will be at its full newton strength by then. 3 weeks was a bit sharp on it.

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Soo started this last week

IMG_1191.JPG

4.8m by 2.4m, just a basic timber frame with timber cladding and a tin roof.

Have the cladding on and just need to put the tin on the roof and make a front door.

Had enough of storing stuff in the garage and also trying to work on things so this will be bunged full of everything.

NotKG

Banned
They've put my shed back to 8th Jan, I'm livid. They're saying some BS that the base isn't cured until around then. Base was down on the 22nd Nov
tizz bollox. i had a car on mine for a pic next day(less than 24 hrs) and a transit and trailer on mine in 4 days , loaded with scaffolding and equipment, and the shed up 6 days later.
i just couldnt put sealer on the floor for 4 weeks, so i threw down a few sheets of ply and worked round the frame installing the wiring.
from digger to door closed on power, 14 sockets and 14 roof lights, consumer unit and welding sockets, it was 7weeks 1 day.

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
tizz bollox. i had a car on mine for a pic next day(less than 24 hrs) and a transit and trailer on mine in 4 days , loaded with scaffolding and equipment, and the shed up 6 days later.
i just couldnt put sealer on the floor for 4 weeks, so i threw down a few sheets of ply and worked round the frame installing the wiring.
from digger to door closed on power, 14 sockets and 14 roof lights, consumer unit and welding sockets, it was 7weeks 1 day.
what time of year out of interest? Don't forget ambient temps are lower now which will delay compressive strength development.

big-lew18

RMS Regular
Drives
really well!
what time of year out of interest? Don't forget ambient temps are lower now which will delay compressive strength development.

The boy who layed the base did say that I couldn't paint the floor because of the time of year. He said leave it until March/April or it will be a disaster

NotKG

Banned
oct/nov last year. it rained for 3 weeks of it on and off.
and had a super storm in the middle of it, the fellas sheeting it didnt come a day it was so bad, they were worried it was going to twist and had anchir straps on it