RMS picnic Sunday 30th August- Crawfordsburn Country Park

Cro

RMS Regular
We may as well try and squeeze in the annual RMS meet up before the weather turns and everyone needs to pawn their lay-z-spa for petrol on the black market.

Given the average age on RMS is now pushing 54, and presumably all have a tartan blanket sitting on the parcel shelf I think a picnic is the way to go this year. Plus its also child/family friendly if people need to use it as an excuse for a day out given it's a bank holiday weekend.

Let's say meet at the carpark opposite Burger King at the Hollywood Exchange at 12.30pm and on to Crawfordsburn Country Park for 1pm

We should be able to all get parked together in the 'overflow' carpark on the way out of Crawfordsburn

Usual social distancing rules apply, unless they don't apply. Masks kept on the person at all times, back pockets only but only on the left side, thats the crip side. Lynx Africa may be used in lieu of hand sanitiser.

BYO food :grinning:

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Same day as the Renegades Run, but I’d rather go to this lol. See you there.

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Sounds good to me. Will be good to get the Mini out a run !

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Might as well get a list going??

1. Da.murf 350z

Last edited:

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
If I can, which I think I can... I'll be there. Fairly sure I can fit a tartan rug in the Lotus.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
The spikes on the way out scrape the full underside of the Mazda and its not even that low! They're pretty grim. That's why I'd usually take her Swift if I was going for a dander. Not a great place for any modified cars!

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
The spikes on the way out scrape the full underside of the Mazda and its not even that low! They're pretty grim. That's why I'd usually take her Swift if I was going for a dander. Not a great place for any modified cars!
Was thinking that myself

Cro

RMS Regular
OP
Cro
There’s a video back when we all had properly low cars getting over it. The last meet we had here a LONG time ago
Both the 182 and 350z was grand with it, slow and steady won’t be causing any harm, just no going back once you start :grinning:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@Cro they've changed them. The old ones where a bit battered and some spikes didn't go back up. The new one is rougher and higher, nightmare.

Id be happy enough if the spikes where flush with the road when flattened but its worse because they're on a speed bump.

• Angry
Reactions: Cro

Mackers91

RMS Regular
I mean, are we talking like a cow, a sheep, an alpaca? Need more detail @Chris Mac91

A horse and a Miniature Shetland pony with a attitude problem?^o)

IMG_20200808_114856.jpg