RMS picnic Sunday 30th August- Crawfordsburn Country Park

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
How bad are these spikes on the way out? Would love to take the other halfs Beetle down for a spin if it's dry but even though its on air she's still pretty low

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@veedubnoodle They're pretty bad. Because they're on a short speed-up, your car lands on them pretty harshly and you can hear them drag the whole way under. My Mazda isn't even super low, but it gave me chills lol

Not trying to put a dampener on the day, just dont want to see anyone damage anything. They really shouldn't be there.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
@veedubnoodle They're pretty bad. Because they're on a short speed-up, your car lands on them pretty harshly and you can hear them drag the whole way under. My Mazda isn't even super low, but it gave me chills lol

Not trying to put a dampener on the day, just dont want to see anyone damage anything. They really shouldn't be there.

No worries man, appreciate the honesty. If we go we'll take a spin down in the daily driver Focus then....maybe even give it a wash for a change lol

Bronk

RMS Regular
Screenshot_20200828-082710_Google.jpg

Nothing wrong with that 😎

Reactions: Cro

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Decided to just go for a drive in the beetle and avoid the speed ramps in this place, had a good wee day with the other half mind you and met a random couple and talked about beetles for a good 20 mins at lunch lol

Deffo up for a picnic or Sunday morning cars and coffee RMS meet up sometime though, somewhere with minimal speed bumps though please lol

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Honestly I seen no issue with the speed bumps, there is one on the way out with spikes but I’d no issue with it.