Rover 75 1.8

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Since I got my 9-3 convertible my wife has been hinting about another four door car to haul elderly parents etc about in. Anyhow bought a 9-3 five door but ended up selling it without getting it on the road. For a while I had been fancying something different. I had always fancied a Rover 75 so spotted this and decided to buy it. One owner from new 53,000 miles, service history and new clutch fitted the week before. And I absolutely love it. Bodywork has a few marks which I'll deal with in time and the full leather interior has hardly a mark on it. First job was a new battery and a clean and a polish. Hope you like it.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
These things are class cruisers for smoking around in. A mate in england has recently bought a 2.0 v6 connie auto with a few minor issues for 120 quid. Its like a mobile drawing room.
Edit That looks very clean Peter. Nice buy.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
OP
peter wilson
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Oh I know Fergus they are lovely inside. This one is only a 1.8 but it goes nicely. Still got the 155's?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
They are indeed Peter. Spent this last week doing a full belt change, oil change, inner cv boot, rear wheel bearing and full brake strip and clean up etc on the one i use in england. Still going well for a 20 year old car. I've not done much to the others but planning to get at least one of the others out there. Depends on how much work the mx5 needs after it overheated on the boxing day rally.. :-(

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Absolutely love these. My friend and ex-bentley colleague has the v8 version. It's a hoot. He's also got an MGB, E30 318 and a Brera (think it's the 3.2)...... all in mint condition..... a bit of a car nut to say the least

peter wilson

RMS Regular
OP
peter wilson
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Friday afternoon I had a Drs appointment. Due to Translink's inability to organise a bus service three buses didnt turn up so was running late. Had to head up home and grab the 75. Car park was full apart from on space so backed gently into it and crunch. Didnt see a blasted pole at the back of the space and hit it with the back bumper. Looks like it down to the primer so dont think a T Cut will work. Mad at myself especially if the bus had been on time I would have walked up. Sods law.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Bad craic peter but it's happened to us all. I've got a touch up pot from a crowd called autopaint (st helens) ltd on recommendation from a mate in england as most of the halfords and motor factors ones are just full of thinners. Excellent match and quality on the daughters sprint blue fiat stilo. (y)

peter wilson

RMS Regular
OP
peter wilson
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot

Cheers Fergus. I'll leave having a go at the painting until it gets a bit warmer.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
OP
peter wilson
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Annoying but it already has a few marks on it. Have to practice spraying.

peter wilson

RMS Regular
OP
peter wilson
Drives
Saab 95 Aero Hot
Okay bit of an update. Took the 75 to the first MG Rover meet at Sprucefield. Good fun and nice to meet up with like minded individuals. I've now had my first problem with the Rover. I have noticed that its become more difficult to change gear. The general consensus is that its likely to be the brake master or slave cylinder or both. Master appears to be relatively straightforward but the gearbox has to come out for the slave. Now I'm crocked with sciatica at the moment so I'm going to leave it with my tame mechanic to have a looksee. All fun and games.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
When the Lotus had a Rover engine it was the clutch slave cylinder that gave problems, a seal that would leak and then eventually it became impossible to change gears. It was so bad I made it a standard service item and just replaced it every year regardless :grinning:

Not sure which Rover gearbox you would have, but the slave cylinder on mine was accessible with engine/gearbox in place. Probably different on your car though.

The master cylinder never gave any issues.

@Colin is your man :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.