S3 Saloon - Sepang Blue

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Think this is one of the nicest cars on here without the obvious big money cars.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Had the S3 into Audi yesterday as I'd spotted a few items wrong. The fuel flap would not always close first go, and a small bit of corrosion on an alloy. They replaced the solenoid on the flap, however stated the corrosion on the alloy was due to a stone chip. I was more concerned about getting home in the blizzard than having a moan to the guy, and in reality it could be stone damage.

They also pointed out that the front discs and pads needed replaced ASAP. After I picked myself up off the floor, I texted a few folks to get "Real World" prices for the parts and labour. Thanks @cbr600 and @BBSBOY. See you Tuesday Stevie.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Had the S3 into Audi yesterday as I'd spotted a few items wrong. The fuel flap would not always close first go, and a small bit of corrosion on an alloy. They replaced the solenoid on the flap, however stated the corrosion on the alloy was due to a stone chip. I was more concerned about getting home in the blizzard than having a moan to the guy, and in reality it could be stone damage.

They also pointed out that the front discs and pads needed replaced ASAP. After I picked myself up off the floor, I texted a few folks to get "Real World" prices for the parts and labour. Thanks @cbr600 and @BBSBOY. See you Tuesday Stevie.
The other half’s fuel cap is playing up on her 1 year old scirocco too, must get it checked out.

How much were audi wanting you to be over for the brakes?

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Holy smokes, that's painful.
Yip. Especially since I've put less than 1000 miles on the car from buying it. Audi Portadown serviced it two weeks before I bought it. Clean bill, must have just been right on the limit then.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
They told me something similar on my last car, couple of months later I needed to get roadside assist to check something else and I asked him to check the brakes for me and he said they were fine, didn't know what the dealership were thinking.

How many miles is on it?

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
They told me something similar on my last car, couple of months later I needed to get roadside assist to check something else and I asked him to check the brakes for me and he said they were fine, didn't know what the dealership were thinking.

How many miles is on it?

In their defence, they have to take into consideration the fact they only see a car once a year at most for a service, so they have to take into consideration whether your brakes will last until the next sheduled service, and if not they will advise that they're changed.

Even so, there is no way I'd be paying a dealer to change brakes on any car purely from a cost point of view. @bigpupcooper 's is the perfect example of why, those brakes would probably be £170-ish in the likes of Ferodo from a decent Motor Factors, and a couple of hours labour to fit them. Some saving over £534!

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
33017799-1071-4BBD-98DB-89163CD8633E.jpeg
Big thanks to Stevie and Fluff for fitting my discs. Top blokes

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Considering one of these for the Mrs next, great colour, must go for a spin in one this weekend!

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Spacers were a pig to come off yesterday. I asked Stevie and Colin to free up the back ones. I didn't have the standard wheel nuts last night to go back to stock, so jacked her up and removed them today. 12mm spacers + bolts will be going up for sale very soon.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Spacers were a pig to come off yesterday. I asked Stevie and Colin to free up the back ones. I didn't have the standard wheel nuts last night to go back to stock, so jacked her up and removed them today. 12mm spacers + bolts will be going up for sale very soon.

What didn't you like about them? Pretty much the only mod I wanted to do to mine so interested to know.

bigpupcooper

RMS Regular
OP
bigpupcooper
Drives
m135i, m40i
Fronts were just a bit too close to the arch lip. I took the rears off since I'll probably need to replace those discs soon, given the effort in releasing them once i didnt want a repeat. They really did attach themselves to the hub

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Nice saving from Audi prices. Their labour costs are mental!

Regarding the spacers I always apply a very small amount of copper grease to prevent them sticking like that. Never had any issues.

jferg

RMS Regular
I dont know how ive managed to miss this thread.
TIM TIM TIM TIM !!!!!!! Im totally jealous, that is properly stunning.
Im considering changing the evoque for one in a few years, the saloon is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sexy, especially in Sepang Blue!!

Good work mate :laughing:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.