Sale regrets 😞

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Have owned a few decent performance cars over the years but for some reason the one I regret selling most was this:

Bought from @205GTINUT back in Jan 2011 for £1750, sold in April 2011 for £2500 & thought I done well.. Think it went through a couple of owners but has been with @dirty dave for most of the time since.

Just a proper driving thing, so engaging, cocking the rear wheel was hilarious, not massively fast by any standards but pure unassisted fun.

1691141117058.png

1691141143401.png

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
@Lappintyre they are brilliant fun, my dad has a 1.9 GTI and I have lhd 1.3 Rallye. I think both are keepers even if both have been off the road for a good few years.

Him buying the 1.9 when I was about 15 and going for drives in it fueled my addiction to Peugeot 205s. As you say, by modern metrics they aren't that fast but they are so engaging and light that they don't need to have mega speed to be fun.

Darren91

RMS Regular
I honestly, am dreading putting the advert up for my MK7.5 GTi next week. Tried my hardest to get it to OZ, but costing to much with import tax!!

It’s nothing compared to some of the cars in here! But we have each had special cars! It has truly been the best car I have ever owned! VW nailed it with the Mk5 and MK7. So glad to have owned both. This MK7.5 will really make me sad selling!

Everything I have ever needed driving! Modern, refined , power and an animal to me when pushed!

View attachment 406349

Someone is going to get a cracking car

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
Have owned a few decent performance cars over the years but for some reason the one I regret selling most was this:

Bought from @205GTINUT back in Jan 2011 for £1750, sold in April 2011 for £2500 & thought I done well.. Think it went through a couple of owners but has been with @dirty dave for most of the time since.

Just a proper driving thing, so engaging, cocking the rear wheel was hilarious, not massively fast by any standards but pure unassisted fun.

View attachment 406367

View attachment 406368

Dave love`s that thing its the only car he has managed to keep for such a long time. I also didnt know you owned it at one point its been so well looked after and it goes so well too for what it is.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Regret selling this big time, lack of use and time at that time to use her regularly and a good offer at that time convinced me to let her go. She's lying covered in moss now apparently and fella won't sell her 😪
Was a real good fit one too
View attachment 405395
Does Brian still have it ?

chrisQ

RMS Regular
Yes mate he does. Needs arches etc doing now and she's been parked up outside now for 2 or 3 years. Won't sell her either 🥺

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Yes mate he does. Needs arches etc doing now and she's been parked up outside now for 2 or 3 years. Won't sell her either 🥺
Man that’s crap I’m surprised Brian let it get like that. He used to keep that car so clean???

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
I haven't had (m)any amazing cars but I've had a few I've connected to. Before I bought the 335i I had the Porsche 944. It had its faults, but I was smitten with it. Absolutely loved it. Now I have an L200 and I haven't yet been able to part with the 335i in fear of missing it like I did the 944.

So, to extend from that... Do you ever have restoration regret??

As in, cars you had but maybe never appreciated or spent any money on leaving it right and just kept it? I have a long list. For instance, I had a MK2 golf that I tried doing an engine swap on a tight budget, wasn't fussed and then sold it. Wish I went the whole hog on it and made it right.

Another was an rgv250 that needed an engine rebuild. The whole thing was mint condition except the engine. Sold it for £600. Major homer - doh!

205GTINUT

RMS Regular
Drives
E36 M3 Evo
Ahh a blast for the past!!!

View attachment 406367

View attachment 406368
Cracking little car!!!

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Chatting about p38’s today and got me looking through old pics of the one we sold. Still was the right decision at the time but god id buy it back in a heartbeat.

Perfect spec and just the right balance of being a heap and mechanicaly strong, was like your favorite owl busted sofa lol Probably the only car id lpg myself.

1707951146864.png

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I intentionally scroll past any ads for these 3 when I see them now because I could cry seeing how much they go for these days.

Chaser was imported very early on. I only knew of 2 others in NI at the time I think.

The E31 I paid £4.5k for from an oul boy outside Larne and sold it for not much more.

The STI had a factory fitted Prodrive Performance Pack and some other subtle bits under the bonnet. Very low mileage and was immaculate :worried: I put an NI reg on it shortly before sale but dont have any photos - PFZ maybe?

1708020869398.png

1708020889584.png

1708020950915.png

Last edited: