Screen

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Normski

RMS Regular
Drives
987 BoxsterS
what ya reckon to this BOTTOM screen

http://www.tgincar.co.uk/fos7inch.htm

will 640,000 pixels be noticeably better than the 336,960 pixel ones on ebay that they sell for near the same price??

Anyone with any technological background explain if the pixels are good for the size.

cheers

smyth_installs

pixels r the resolution of the screen.. its as simple as:

More pixels = Better quality on screen...

stretch to over 700k if ya can, but 640k is still great for upto 7" widescreens.

if ur goin for a larger screen, ie a roof-mounted 12" or so, then make sure ur res is 1million or so, just so that ya dont get any distortion on games or high colour Dvds

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
smyth_installs said:
stretch to over 700k if ya can, but 640k is still great for upto 7" widescreens.

^o) 280,000 is just as good as your tv at home. unless cheap, i wouldnt botehr with anymore.

smyth_installs

Lyons said:
^o) 280,000 is just as good as your tv at home.

yeah, but ya dont sit a foot away from the TV in the house lol...
and besides, ya want the best quality ya can buy, not just sumthin that'll do..

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
smyth_installs said:
yeah, but ya dont sit a foot away from the TV in the house lol...
and besides, ya want the best quality ya can buy, not just sumthin that'll do..

lol, 280k doesnt "just do"! the alpine cva 1004/1014 have 280k, and alpine are hardly going to seel units that "will do"

smyth_installs

i just checked that screen out.. its an amzing res for £101, but its ONLY the screen. its not a head-unit, dvd-player or even a radio... it would take ya to make a new head-unit slot, or mount the screen else where..

still, very cheap for what it is, cos stand-alone moniters of 240k and 5.6" r around that price... this is well tidy..

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
i have double din, i only want a motorised screen with no other tuner cd capabilities etc. will have a cd/dvd tuner headunit in the other din attached to it, kinda like this but the other way round and not with that headunit.:

IMG_02422dincopy.jpg

smyth_installs

then thats the screen for u.. go for it while ya can.. that res, at that price.. cant be bad to that.. even if ya aint happy, ya can flog it on to sum1 else

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
cheer, thanks for your views, am waiting to see how i can pay, might just have to do the £12 bank transfer thing cause i'd say i'm saving loadsa money and theres other 1's he has that arent buy it now and are cheaper :laughing:

smyth_installs

thats screen in the link u posted is great for the money.. id maybe consider 1 myself, but iv already shelled out for a load of stuff from the england ffs, otherwise it would be credit card bashing time lol..

if theres 2 inputs on it, the 1 from ur DVD headunit, and 1 from another source like a PS2 would be trick.. thats ur AV sorted, unless u want more screens.. headrest/boot mounted would be a nice touch..

what car ya got?

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
smyth_installs said:
what car ya got?

lol, under my picture, and my picture :laughing:

good old frenchy,

and would contimplate buying a bundle and sellin on for a nice profit, lol,

suppose i'll be the guinie pig and try it, but it has 1 years warranty through him and all feedback i translated is good.

will keep it updated on what i did.

its to go with either of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5833142064&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5832024298&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

smyth_installs

whoops.. i must be doin sumthin a bit too often, my sights going lmfaooo

yeah, keep me updated on how ur screen performs, which ever 1 ya buy, if any of them... i wouldnt knock the 1.152million screen tho, sounds like a good deal...

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
phil_c is selling one of the jvc units with the screen you were looking at.

smyth_installs

iv got 1 clarion vrx928 coming and 2 other screens, otherwise id buy 1 of them 1mega pixel screens..

im kinda regretting paying for them now.. just done ti today too ffs

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
have gone off those now Lyons, have read alot of negative things about them in reviews, and for the price they are i can get the double din set up i'm lookin for with a 7" screen as opposed to a 3" built in screen :laughing: cheaper than it!!

anyone any experience with panasonic?? i like the look of it better!

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
and dont worry smyth, i reckon for all the size of the screen it will be hard pushed to notice alot the difference in screen resolution, as long as u get the brightness etc right then it should look fine.

take it i just wire the power harness for the screen into the one for the headunit so both are powered??

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
it comes with a harness?? da's an electrician so he'll be able to sort it out, always does :laughing: free installation, tis great.

smyth_installs

same here norm, i do it for ppl and GET PAID for doin it.. even better lmaoooo
not long at it, but i havent had much bother to date.. :laughing:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
let me give you some warning about that chap. I bought a laser pointer off him on ebay and after a long time I finally emailed him. I got back the greatest pile of ****e ever but at the very end of it came this...

"Anyway no more ramblings, I have about 1000 orders which have not been
sent , which will not be sent, mainly because paypal has all
the money and wont release it, since they have your money, (believe me
i don't have it) I'm not sending your item, if you go to your
paypal account and go to resolution centre and claim your item as not
being received paypal are legally bound to refund your money."

"I give up! I surrender, I am off to try and make a life somewhere else in a
manner that cannot be screwed up by the arse holes in this world and i will leave them to it!"
TG Online
Block 9 Units 4&5
Rosehall Estate
Pit Road
Bellshill
ML4 3NZ

I wouldnt be in any rush to buy off him

Normski

RMS Regular
OP
Normski
Drives
987 BoxsterS
the tg online has gone out the window now rocko, have found a much better monitor for cheaper!! plus on another forum sum1 informed me they are now no longer trading!!
good warning though rocko and cheers :laughing:

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
no worries, just wish the toad had sent my laser pointer!

really wanted one of them :p

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.