Skoda Octavia vRS TDI 240bhp

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
added some extra garnish this evening.

got some covers for my nuts... (to match the centre caps) they were looking a bit too shiny

nutcovers.jpg

rimweb2.jpg

rimweb.jpg

and for the seat

handlegarnish.jpg

too much vRS? 8-(

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
New carbon spoiler extension, reasonably subtle and not too in yer face, I'm not a big fan of anything too garish and i'm pleased with the finish on this. A really deep 3D glossy job. This was just placement test and isn't fixed down yet as it was looking like a shower i didn't want to attempt it. Car needs a full detail anyway and i can do that while i wait on this drying tomorrow.

spolier01.jpg
spolier02.jpg
spolier03.jpg
spolier04.jpg

Some nasty looking swirls that need the DA to sort out.

spolier05.jpg
spolier07.jpg

Attachments

• spolier08.jpg
    spolier08.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 233

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Hunter four wheel alignment? worth every penny.

Some pics of the grey barge on the ramps at Ivan Kerrs, (thanks John and Ivan) all top lads and know their stuff.

hunter1.jpg.1214d0e2a8ccae6fea3e82391a0c72e2.jpg

hunter3.jpg.19dbabb17b947a55af48ede011022d03.jpg

hunter4.jpg.fcee7bea25ec233eb811fa71e5f8441b.jpg

hunter5.jpg.221431e80aebc1aa3a25c700af78bd62.jpg

have to say the Hunter machine is quite the piece of kit! I had new tyres on from about 2 weeks ago and the wear was already starting to show as my alignment was badly out. The toe and camber on the back was pretty bad hence the worn bearing ike road noise which has all but dissappeared completely. The results below you can see the before and after, (there is supposed to be some negative camber on the fronts for better handling, it cant be adjusted like this anyway).

this is definitely worth doing if you have had a new set of rubber fitted.

RubberLover

RMS Regular
You’re very welcome, thanks again for calling in today.

May I ask, did you go upstairs for that photo from above or just a reaaaaaally long selfie stick?!

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Fitted a detachable towbar which hides behind a new carbon diffuser and added a carbon screen deflector on the front.

carbon deflector at the top of the windscreen, stops stone chips on the lip of the roof which are prone to corrode.
frontdeflector01.jpg
frontdeflector02.jpg
frontdeflector03.jpg

carbon deflector and reflectors replaced, theres a westfalia towbar hiding under there. Impossible to see as three screws hold a removalble hatch.

reflectors01.jpg
reflectors02.jpg
reflectors03.jpg
reflectors05.jpg

lovely deep carbon weave

reflectors06.jpg

"look at the shiney shiney!"

reflectors07.jpg

also tried the new sonax tyre dressing and its good stuff.

Last edited:

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
How did I miss this. T

Its such an awesome skoda I love all what you have done and the Carbon deflector on the windscreen is a good job.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
Ive been trying different combos of products and got this stuff which is really handy if you are in a rush. Orchard, speed wax, I have their spray sealant as well which works the same as C2v3.

orchardspeedwax.jpg

This side was machine polished with a Deltalyo DAS6 Pro and Carpro finisher, a softish compound with decent results done a few weeks ago to get rid of the swirls. I've used Sonax extreme on the tyre walls, i love this stuff, easy on and no mess on the alloy. The price point is perfect, you can get two bottles for the price of the most competitors. I will try the sonax BSD next as i really like this stuff.

orchard4.jpg

Really came up bright considering the short amount of time and single cutting compound. I'm not sure just how hard skoda paint is, if its VAG hard then it should take a heavier cut for the other side.

orchard3.jpg

orchard2.jpg

Dan.86

RMS Regular
What do you use to clean the gloss wheels? I’ve just been power washing them at a garage because of the hose pipe ban but wondering should I just use soapy water then quick detailer to dry?

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The car looks great. Few too many stuck on bits for my taste personally, but the basic principle of a lowered VRS estate looks super.

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
What do you use to clean the gloss wheels? I’ve just been power washing them at a garage because of the hose pipe ban but wondering should I just use soapy water then quick detailer to dry?

I used Gyeon Q2 on them before i put them on which was excellent stuff. i just snow foam then two bucket wash with auto finesse pH neutral and dry with a shammy

what hose pipe ban? :sun:

Last edited:

61_Vert

RMS Regular
OP
61_Vert
Drives
Octy 5e vRS tDI
The car looks great. Few too many stuck on bits for my taste personally, but the basic principle of a lowered VRS estate looks super.
i understand that. i have stopped, just the exhaust to do hopefully from CVS in lisburn after chatting to them when they did some work on my beetle.